Permissions fresh-start

Rigel Kentaurus

My permissions are so messed up it is not even worth it trying to fix them (I am talking 80 moderators and hundreds of forums here).

I want to do a fresh start, setup all the moderators from the start

Which tables do I need to truncate? Is it safe to say ...

xf_moderator
xf_moderator_content

What about?

xf_permission_cache_content
xf_permission_cache_content_type
xf_permission_cache_global_group

You can't really do it by editing the database as all the permission combinations need to update, and that is calculated automatically.

My suggestion would be to manually remove each moderator, resetting their permissions as you do.

I went to the site listed in your profile but it has a message that it will be down for a few more days.

If you were using vb, and manipulating things in vb is still an option before you import into xf - then I would clean everything up using the vb admin tools prior to import. Specifically 'reset' forums permissions. (think that is what it was called)

You can't really do it by editing the database as all the permission combinations need to update, and that is calculated automatically.

My suggestion would be to manually remove each moderator, resetting their permissions as you do.
I did that (manually removed all moderators), they still appear on the nodes as custom user permissions (they do not appear in the moderator section, though)

I went to the site listed in your profile but it has a message that it will be down for a few more days.

If you were using vb, and manipulating things in vb is still an option before you import into xf - then I would clean everything up using the vb admin tools prior to import. Specifically 'reset' forums permissions. (think that is what it was called)
I am migrating my 8million posts site to XenForo this week. It's turning out to be a lot more complicated (and long) than the 400,000 posts site that I migrated last year :) The import was almost flawless (one bug with prefixes I reported), and now I am trying to get permissions to work. I don't know if it was possible, but skipping importing any permissions and usergroups might have been a good idea :)

Top Bottom