XF 1.4 Permissions: block access to Styles?

creativeforge

(I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, I couldn't find through a search).

I'd like to deny access to the admin section for Styles for everybody except myself. How would I do that?

I've been working on the style and editing templates for days (learning my way through), and then another Admin went in and wanted to change the setting of an item. Trying to find his way, he changed colors he didn't know how to undo. So I had to start over and reinstall the style. I'd rather make this section out of reach from now on... :)

ALSO: Upon reinstall, following a great suggestion, I made a copy of the style and created a child-style, which I'm using now to customize. Is there a way to save my edited style into a style to come back to if something similar was to happen again?

Thanks!

Someone suggested I uncheck Allow User Selection. But it's giving me an error, saying that users can't be disallowed selecting the default style.

I'm trying to block access at the ADMIN level, so that nobody but me (for now) can customize the styles (we're still in beta mode).

You would have to remove the styles admin permission from that user, but they wouldn't be able to do anything with any style in the admincp.

Liam

Thanks Liam, I looked everywhere I could to try to find a setting in the User Groups Permission that relates to the styles. Would you have a screenshot, or a path to this setting?

Much appreciated!

Top Bottom