Permissions - Avatars, what am I doing wrong?

GoodFit53

One of the issues that I am having is with Avatars. The "Registered" group is set so that Avatars are not allowed.

I created a new user group promotion that allows Avatars after 5 posts. However, members have been able to add avatars as soon as they join

Is this an avatar issue or am I missing something?

One of the issues that I am having is with Avatars. The "Registered" group is set so that Avatars are not allowed.

I created a new user group promotion that allows Avatars after 5 posts. However, members have been able to add avatars as soon as they join

Is this an avatar issue or am I missing something?

perhaps revoking avatar usage in the usergroup permissions (not sure you have this set already). Set it to never?

Setting it to never will mean that it won't be overridden by the usergroup the user is promoted to, as a never cannot be overridden.

It should be set to Not Set, then be set to Allow for the usergroup allowed to edit it :p

I try to stay clear of the permissions (never a task i like to do)

When I do test permissions, everything seems to look fine. I wonder if this may be a facebook thing. Is it possible that those signing up using facebook are having their avatars come directly from facebook?

Unsure, sorry I'm sure if there's issues with facebook someone will pop in and confirm. :)

When I do test permissions, everything seems to look fine. I wonder if this may be a facebook thing. Is it possible that those signing up using facebook are having their avatars come directly from facebook?
I've just looked at Facebook Integration in the XF manual and it doesn't state that the profile photo is imported.

You could check their Facebook and see if it's the same photo, or wait for someone with more info on the matter to confirm.

Another thing to check would be if the user(s) have Gravatar.

Top Bottom