Lack of interest Permission terminology changes in RC2

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Floren

I noticed the recent changes into perms terminology.
Personally I'm not really fond of the current default setting: Not Set (No)
I would simply name it: Not Set
The No part makes it confusing, compared with the Never settings.
Second, Deny was the proper term, since you have the Allow settings.

My suggestion for the titles:
Not Set | Allow | Deny

On top of that, we have the tooltip telling us exactly what each permission set does for us.

Regards,

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We are never going to make everyone happy with the permission terminology. Technical people think it should be one way, end users think something else, and we haven't even got onto the people who think that the terms should be 'Ice Cream' and 'Raisins'.

I have to admit I prefer floren's suggestion but as kier stated you'll never make everyone happy with this one. Personally, I would have left it as it was but eitherway it's not a show stopper.

I am strongly against Floren's suggestion.
For non-native english speakers (which I am one of) the current terminology is way more comprehensible.

Technical people think it should be one way, end users think something else, and we haven't even got onto the people who think that the terms should be 'Ice Cream' and 'Raisins'.
I would rather use 'Chocolate' and 'Motorcycles', then. :D
On the serious side, your point is very valid.

Regards,

Top Bottom