XF 1.4 Permission message for Node

tihasz

Hi there,

i have a quick question. I have a Private Forum, and inside that forum i have a Node which is called Premium. I created a user group called Premium. So users in that group can interact with the Premium Node. The thing is, i don't want to hide the Node from Normal users. I want them to see the node "premium", but when they click on it, they can't the content inside. Thats fine, but i am wondering if I could display a message when they click on the node like : "You are not a premium member, you can't see this node", instead of just seeing the blank node content (i disabled every permission for non premium group, just turned on the View Node permission). Any ideas how i could display that message?.

thx

The help manual explains how to create a Notice: https://xenforo.com/help/notices/

Thx, it seems like i have trouble with something else also.

I created a other group called Premium. I am sure i set everywhere permissions for it to see the forum, but if the user is only in the group PREMIUM he can't access the forum at all. THis message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." appears.

Is there a way that I set Premium to inherit all permission from Registered group or?

Thx, it seems like i have trouble with something else also.

I created a other group called Premium. I am sure i set everywhere permissions for it to see the forum, but if the user is only in the group PREMIUM he can't access the forum at all. THis message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." appears.

Is there a way that I set Premium to inherit all permission from Registered group or?
XenForo permissions are designed to be cumulative. All users should have Registered as their primary user group which should have the base permissions for everyone. Users are then added to one or more secondary user groups to give them additional permissions as required. See this guide for details:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

I will respond to your ticket but essentially the problem is related to aMember.

We have asked them to contact us numerous times so we can look at helping them better integrate their script, but they refuse to do so.

Top Bottom