Not a bug Permanent ban via warning causes banned reason to say Temporary

Mr Lucky

Affected version
I have warning that bans users permanently

The warning (Ban User) gives 15 points that never expire.

The warning action (Ban User) has points threshold of 15 and causes permanent ban: Time period = permanent

It works in that the the warned user gets banned, but the ban reason says "Temporary ban due to Multiple warnings" (even though it's permanent and there was only one warning)

I think that when a warning action causes a ban, it should say permanent if it's a permanent ban and you should be able to give a reason for the ban.

Do you have any add-ons involved in the warning or ban process?

"Temporary ban due to Multiple warnings" is not a string that we use anywhere in the software.

I just added a similar warning action and the ban reason is "Rules violations".

It's possible that although an add-on may be involved, you've simply modified the phrase. The default phrase is "warning_ban_reason" and its default value is "Rules violations". Is the "warning_ban_reason" phrase modified in your install?

Ok, that will explain it. I must have edited that phrase.

Still I think it ought to be editable so there can be a differentiation depending on whether the action was temporary, permanent or while at the points threshold.

@Chris D

Is it possible to add the name and location of the warning to the phrase "warning_ban_reason" ?

Because warned users are not able to see the warning sent through the private message system, they do not know why and where they violated forum rules?

Top Bottom