Lack of interest Permalink pop up field not auto selected in FF

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kim

Yoo hoo hello!

Just a little suggestion, the fancy schmancy new permalink pop up box is awesome.. but..

On focus on one of the link boxes, could we please have an auto highlight??? So that you can just right click and copy, rather than, go to the start of the box, drag to highlight, and then right click copy.

Would make life just that tiny bit sweeter :)

Thanks for listening!

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That means, it is not a feature request rather it should go in bug report forum. :)
Might be a browser behavior because the field is auto-focused in all browsers (I think) but the actual highlighting of what's in the input field might come down to how it's handled by the browser itself. :unsure:

I'm sure someone will point out the specifics in this regard.

No:p
The first input field is now autoselected, if i click on bbcode link snippet or html link code, it's not autoselected

It also removes the select if you click in an other inputfield (eg bbcode link) and click back to the first input field

'Fixed' I guess.

why not create a new css class "autoselect"? and add an js event handler which select the input text?

Then we wouldn't need to use
Code:
onClick=select()
in own add-ons^^

Oh. I guess I misunderstood the report then, as I never really considered it an arduous chore to triple-click in an input field to select the contents.

I suppose I could bloat the JS a bit more with XenForo.AutoSelect.

Oh. I guess I misunderstood the report then, as I never really considered it an arduous chore to triple-click in an input field to select the contents.

I suppose I could bloat the JS a bit more with XenForo.AutoSelect.

I do not see this auto-highlight (text being marked so that it can esily get copied/pasted) being implemented in XF 1.1 Beta4 ?
Using FireFox 7.0.1.

Not many people know that triple-click will mark the text.

Top Bottom