1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Per content-type weighting in Enhanced Search

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Xon, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I've been creating a new add-on which implements some advanced search functionality to bolt onto Enhanced Search. MySQL-based search is not supported, nor planned, and this add-on only works with Enhanced Search.

This add-on injects per-content type weighting for general searches with more than one content type. Then sorting by relevancy is enabled; the weighting is multiplied by the arbitrary score Elastic Search computes for each item.

The new per-content type weighting options are under 'Search Options'.

Please do not deploy this to a Live site, as it is still under development and I haven't tested it extensively!

I have a alpha copy of my Search Improvements add-on with this functionality now here. I need to experiment with the exacts of how the weighting is applied as it really isn't easy to determine what is a sane value to weight each content-type.

I'ld love some feedback on this add-on so far. But please don't deploy it to your live site yet!

I've implemented a query-time priority, but I'm not happy about the implementation due to the lack of flexibility with the XenForo Elastic Search API bits.
    SAS1024 likes this.