PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

Sadik B

Sadik B submitted a new resource:

PemBer - Paid Membership - Pay to Access, Installment Payment Plan, Upgrade Reminders and More...

PemBer is a paid Membership plugin for XenForo using Paypal's much superior Name-Value Paid (NVP) API. PemBer provides many standard features which forums selling premium subscriptions need and allows you to create a Pay to Access forum within minutes, selling One Off Products or Recurring Products or even Products with Payment Plans.

Background

I have been working with Forums since 2007 launching my first forum Club-Oracle in 2008. I...

Read more about this resource...

Seems like an interesting add-on, really the only part I am interested in is being able to integrate memberships on customly coded pages so that members will instantly be brought to PayPal. But for now, I think $99 is a lot for that functionality (IMO). Overall looks good, and I will continue to monitor.

Sadik B updated PemBer - Paid Membership with a new update entry:

Different Initial Amount and Usergroup Control Added

PemBer version 1.1.0 has been released and can now be downloaded by customers from the Releases forum.

This releases introduces three new features:

1. Allows you to specify a different initial price when defining a recurring product or installment product. So now for example you could create a product which is $99 for the first year and $40 / year subsequently.
  2. Allows you to disable products for certain usergroups. This was...

Read the rest of this update entry...

looking forward to buying this add-on once Resource Manager is integrated.

What is your use case? It is already possible to restrict XF Resource Manager to specific XenForo Usergroups bought with PemBer with XenForo Permissions.

Also if you are selling from the XFRM, you can put your paypal links to sell directly from the XenForo Resources.

What will be present in the next version of PemBer is drip feeding content in XFRM. So you could say give access to a particular Resource Category 30 days after joining.

Hi Sadik, great to see this arrive :)

- is there any shopping cart integration?
- can it handle BOTH monthly recurring purchases/memberships PLUS one-off purchases?memberships?
- does it have member email notification when membership is due to expire
- does it have any inbuilt upsell feature?

thanks

Robyn

Hi Sadik, great to see this arrive :)
Hey Robyn, how have you been! :)
- is there any shopping cart integration?
The product payments is through simple links. So if you have a shopping cart you could use the payment links generated by pemBer for their payments. However there is no in built integration with any 3rd party shopping carts. Is there a xenforo addon you want an integration with? I would love to hear about it.

- can it handle BOTH monthly recurring purchases/memberships PLUS one-off purchases?memberships?
Absolutely! :)

- does it have member email notification when membership is due to expire
Yep!

- does it have any inbuilt upsell feature?

thanks

Robyn
Not yet, but will be very soon! Upsell feature is in development.

Cheers,
- Sadik

This looks great!

Feature request/suggestion: affiliate/referral system - paying members can get a commission (set by admin as either flat fee or %) for selling paid memberships with affiliate codes (maybe something as simple as an autogenerated 6-pin code?) that people put into a field when purchasing.

It would be a massive perk I think for paid membership - it would be cool as well to be able to say "for this month, receive an extra 25% revenue split" when making a paid membership push.

Cheers,

Regs.

This looks great!

Feature request/suggestion: affiliate/referral system - paying members can get a commission (set by admin as either flat fee or %) for selling paid memberships with affiliate codes (maybe something as simple as an autogenerated 6-pin code?) that people put into a field when purchasing.

It would be a massive perk I think for paid membership - it would be cool as well to be able to say "for this month, receive an extra 25% revenue split" when making a paid membership push.

Cheers,

Regs.

Hmmm, that is an interesting idea. How would payment to the members then work? Would it be all right if member revenues accumulate until a threshold is reached (Set by admin) and then system makes an auto payment at the end of month?

Hmmm... I am going to consider doing this in the next version, partly because this would be useful for us on CrazyStrength as well.

Reactions: RDR
selling paid memberships with affiliate codes (maybe something as simple as an autogenerated 6-pin code?) that people put into a field when purchasing
Nobody enters referrals codes/names and such, it creates another field to fill on registration/payment anyway (people are lazy and this system is unreliable). That's fine for virtual currencies/prizes, but when real cash is in play, we need a solid solution that makes everyone happy.
Please set affiliate referrals via cookies, and when users register, "tie" them to their referral so you can also offer members the option to earn recurring/lifetime commissions which improves the whole affiliate system purpose.
Thanks

Top Bottom