PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

I am going with the 80-20 rule. Most people selling online use stripe or paypal. I lose some people who want to use other systems yes, but the cost of development for adding a payment method is not justified by the handful of people using other systems.

That said, I have read a lot about how xenforo 2 makes it super easy to add new payment methods. SO if that is the case, PemBer for xenforo 2 may see a few other payment methods added. Specially Bitcoin. But you shouldn't depend on it.

Why can you not use stripe or paypal?

In Europe mainland CC and Paypal are rarely used. Nor trusted.
But you are right: it should be a Paygate for XF.

I am going with the 80-20 rule. Most people selling online use stripe or paypal. I lose some people who want to use other systems yes, but the cost of development for adding a payment method is not justified by the handful of people using other systems.

That said, I have read a lot about how xenforo 2 makes it super easy to add new payment methods. SO if that is the case, PemBer for xenforo 2 may see a few other payment methods added. Specially Bitcoin. But you shouldn't depend on it.

Why can you not use stripe or paypal?

It is not me who is deciding this. My users do. The do not want to give CC details on internet sites and the do not want to register with paypal. In Europ you have a totally different midset regarding privacy and data protection than in the US or otehr parts of the world. Example: Companies like Facebook are big deep trouble because the stuff they can do in the US with private data, they are not allowed to do in Europe by law.

So bank transfer/SEPA) and "Sofort" are widely accepted payment methods everybody is using. If I do not offer these options, I will not get the users. Simple as that.

Is it possible to setup it such a way so after successful payment to give permissions for posting (create thread) in a specific forum?

Is it possible to setup it such a way so after successful payment to give permissions for posting (create thread) in a specific forum?
Yes. This is actually standard xenforo functionality.

For that particular forum remove the "Post New Thread" permission from the Registered (or user's primary) usergroup.

Then setup pember to sell membership and add the user to the say "Advertiser" usergroup. Now give "Allow" permission for "Post New Thread" for the Advertiser usergroup.

This will ensure that regular members cannot post a thread in that forum. And after payment, the upgraded user can start a thread in that forum.

Regards

Yes. This is actually standard xenforo functionality.
I had thought for this solution, but when the membership expires, the system will removes the user from that special usergroup?
Edited ** I don't mean to disable the threads that he already post, just to disallow him to post new threads unless if he renew the subscription.

I had thought for this solution, but when the membership expires, the system will removes the user from that special usergroup?
Edited ** I don't mean to disable the threads that he already post, just to disallow him to post new threads unless if he renew the subscription.

Yes that's exactly how it works. When the membership will expire, the usergroup will be removed and the user will no longer be able to post a new thread in the special forum.

Hello again,

Sorry for bombing you with pre-sales questions but my site is a bit complicated with 50+ scripts.
I want to know if is possible instead to upgrade a subscriber to a specific usergroup, to give him access to a specific forum.

Is difficult for me even to create 50+ subscription plans, so, almost impossible, in addition to subscription plans, to create 50+ usergroups and setup each usergroup to have access to a specific forum.

Thank you
Chris

Hello again,

Sorry for bombing you with pre-sales questions but my site is a bit complicated with 50+ scripts.

That's absolutely fine... :)
I want to know if is possible instead to upgrade a subscriber to a specific usergroup, to give him access to a specific forum.

Is difficult for me even to create 50+ subscription plans, so, almost impossible, in addition to subscription plans, to create 50+ usergroups and setup each usergroup to have access to a specific forum.

Thank you
Chris

Unfortunately no. PemBer purchases will add usergroup to the buying user. The access to the forums have to be controlled with the usergroups.

Regards

Ok, running into an issue. On my test board, I have pember installed and various memberships are enabled for gifting - problem is I cannot seem to gift those memberships to anyone. When clicking on the "Buy Now" button, there's no option for gifting. Is there something I'm missing?

Ok, running into an issue. On my test board, I have pember installed and various memberships are enabled for gifting - problem is I cannot seem to gift those memberships to anyone. When clicking on the "Buy Now" button, there's no option for gifting. Is there something I'm missing?
You can gift by going to the person's profile or viewing his member card. And there's a usergroup permission.

upload_2017-3-31_9-32-55.webp

It's a static link by the way, so you could edit any template and put the link to gift anywhere.

yoursite.com/pember/gift?to_user_id=1366

Ah excellent, thank you. Any chance of making that a separate option when going to the membership purchase screen?

I will consider adding it as a feature in next version. (next version is planned for April! :D) . Meanwhile it's very easy if you create a template modification and add the link in pember_product_list_item template. (That's where the product buy now buttons are).

What settings should I use to make sure ads show up in the first and last posts on a thread? Doing "1, L" in the item ID doesn't seem to be doing it right.

Heck somehow I've managed to have 2 ads showing up in each zone now

What settings should I use to make sure ads show up in the first and last posts on a thread? Doing "1, L" in the item ID doesn't seem to be doing it right.

Heck somehow I've managed to have 2 ads showing up in each zone now
I am assuming you posted in this thread by mistake... :)

Top Bottom