PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

With no subscription add-ons I manage a couple of subscription sites, one with many thousands of subscribers using xF built-in features. Thankfully I never felt the need to purchase this addon.

Are there any plugins you recommend for subscription sites? Not just for membership access, but to make the site function better or have better features. Any you would recommend?

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

This is why we need more registration options built into Xenforo by default. We should have the ability to charge for a subscription upfront, not the mult-step process it is now. The biggest risk with any addon is that the developer gets bored, abandons the project or just disappears. There are many good reasons for a developer's decision, I'm sure, no one is faulting that. But, the users are left with the problems and no solution. I hope Pember comes back for Xenforo 2, it looked like a great option.

This isn't good. I hope @Sadik B returns or @AddonFlare picks up.

We already offer a custom service to keep existing Pember recurring subscriptions while using our add-on on XF2, PM us if interested. We might release a self-install plugin to handle this in the future, but there's no date for it yet due to the amount of testing and different Pember configurations that need to be supported.

This is why we need more registration options built into Xenforo by default. We should have the ability to charge for a subscription upfront, not the mult-step process it is now. The biggest risk with any addon is that the developer gets bored, abandons the project or just disappears. There are many good reasons for a developer's decision, I'm sure, no one is faulting that. But, the users are left with the problems and no solution. I hope Pember comes back for Xenforo 2, it looked like a great option.
I personally used Pember on numerous projects. But since I heard it wasn't coming back I had a lot of that added to our Monetize add-on, such as subscribing on register, pay walls, and the like. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-monetize.7067/ though it doesn't have all the features we kept the ones I personally used quite heavily.

But since I heard it wasn't coming back I had a lot of that added to our Monetize add-on, such as subscribing on register, pay walls, and the like. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-monetize.7067/ though it doesn't have all the features we kept the ones I personally used quite heavily.
The feature scope is attractive. But I understand this financial addon is developed by Waindigo (Jon W). Due to how extreme code quality issues were in previous Waindigo addons, I am really weary about his code. Especially for a financial addon.

The feature scope is attractive. But I understand this financial addon is developed by Waindigo (Jon W). Due to how extreme code quality issues were in previous Waindigo addons, I am really weary about his code. Especially for a financial addon.
I'm not sure what you are talking about, the add-on is built by ThemeHouse.

I wonder why invoicing and tax factoring is missing. Same as with PemBer in the beginning. These are essential parts of "monetization" of boards, unless you do some shady black market tax-evasion business (as a board owner).
As someone not in eu or Australia or places that require taxes on digital goods, just not something people have asked for. But if it's definitely needed probably wouldn't take long at all to add.

Guys I owe you an apology. Please know that it was some very tough offline circumstances with me which caused what happened with PemBer. I have spent hundreds of man hours on PemBer 2 but unfortunately it's gathering dust on my computer incomplete. Of course I am not offering any excuse or promises but I truly am sorry. For anyone who has bought PemBer in the past year, if anyone wants a refund, just email or PC me. I will issue you a full refund irrespective of the date you purchased PemBer in the last year. I have also cancelled all recurring maintenance renewals of PemBer support.

At this point I don't know if PemBer will come back. PemBer 1.5 works wonderfully well and you can buy it if you want to use it with XF 1.5 but there won't be any new versions any time soon. I may give this a go again if circumstances permit in the future but there are no promises at all.

Guys I owe you an apology. Please know that it was some very tough offline circumstances with me which caused what happened with PemBer. I have spent hundreds of man hours on PemBer 2 but unfortunately it's gathering dust on my computer incomplete. Of course I am not offering any excuse or promises but I truly am sorry. For anyone who has bought PemBer in the past year, if anyone wants a refund, just email or PC me. I will issue you a full refund irrespective of the date you purchased PemBer in the last year. I have also cancelled all recurring maintenance renewals of PemBer support.

At this point I don't know if PemBer will come back. PemBer 1.5 works wonderfully well and you can buy it if you want to use it with XF 1.5 but there won't be any new versions any time soon. I may give this a go again if circumstances permit in the future but there are no promises at all.
Really sad to hear. Especially considering the personal issues you're going through at the moment.
Here's wishing you the best @Sadik B. Hopefully your circumstances will improve. Cheers!

J.

It appears to be broken now. TLS errors with PayPal and members are no longer able to cancel their memberships.

Top Bottom