Peer Support Network

Dav

Peer Support Network - An online disability community offering a forum, disability directory, events, media, blogs & articles for people with disabilities, their carers and service providers.

We use Wordpress (CMS) + Xenforo (forum) + amember (subscription system)

We provide and use (from contributors) regular blogs and articles that interest disabled people. We include a directory of disabled services where we charge a listing fee accept to not -for -profit organisations.

We have been running our new site since the second half of last year and we are growing all the time and improving with new ideas.

Our idea was to have a community for the disabled with everything they may search for online in one place. We have many other ideas in the pipeline to make our site as sociable as possible because we know that our community is the only way of communicating with like minded people for many of our users.

Our Logo and Theme - Our logo and WP them was professionally designed and our xenforo theme was matched to the design by SchmitzIT.

Feel to make contact if you would like to contribute to our site in any way or send our details to anyone who you think could benefit from the peer support that we offer.

Thank you for reading :)

Site looks really good. I can't see anything I would change. Excellent work by all involved. My wife works for a non-profit that works with special needs children. So it's great to see something like this online.

Site looks really good. I can't see anything I would change. Excellent work by all involved. My wife works for a non-profit that works with special needs children. So it's great to see something like this online.

Thanks for that. We have personal experience of disability and it became apparent how important this kind of network can be to people connected to disability
Maybe we could do a link exchange with the organisation your wife works for. We are always looking for link-ups. What is the organisation called?

Thanks for that. We have personal experience of disability and it became apparent how important this kind of network can be to people connected to disability
Maybe we could do a link exchange with the organisation your wife works for. We are always looking for link-ups. What is the organisation called?

It's called the ARC of Walker County in Alabama. It's sponsored by a bigger organization (Can't remember the name at the moment) and they receive money for some of the kids they see.

Yes that's a lovely looking site, well done. I don't think you can beat Wordpress as a front-end these days and the transition between the CMS and the forum is good, so you've done the themes well.

Yes that's a lovely looking site, well done. I don't think you can beat Wordpress as a front-end these days and the transition between the CMS and the forum is good, so you've done the themes well.
Thank you for the feedback. I have to agree about the Wordpress front end. Lykke did a great job on the transition between the CMS and forum. I was a little worried about how this would originally work.

One thing i would like to do is maybe get a latest posts widget from the forum for our homepage but i am unsure how to do this.

Great Job with the Website! Everything so beautifully integrated! Loved it! Congrats!
It's green I automatically can't see any fault with it. Nice job and nice colour usage. (y)

Thanks guys, we had a few options on colour and design but i settled on what we have now. We wanted to keep it as fresh and clean as possible

One thing that is bugging me is the popular and recent comments widget in the sidebar. I don't know how to get the images to fit correctly yet

Im not sure if i can post this here so please remove if necessary. Just to clarify i started this thread in the first place.

I am looking for some help with my site as we have provisionally been awarded some funding. Does anyone have any recommendations?

We would like help to build our community around the best possible keywords for SEO. We are looking for a Full SEO of our website (Forum, directory, events calendar etc..)

We would also like 5- 10 Static content pages 250-300 Words (Keyword Rich) with the pages being relevant to our disabled community. The static pages will be put in a drop down list on our top navigation bar.

We need to work out what disabled people are searching for and build these static pages around this.

We use Wordpress for our Content Management System which has many existing articles. We use Xenforo for our forum and we have a directory of disabled services (Wordpress Plugin) which we would like to be optimised and easily searchable.
Having our directory optimised is essential as we need help to maximise the exposure to this part of our site.

Basically we want to expose our site to the maximum amount of people who could benefit from what we have to offer.

We are looking for a Wordpress expert who can optimise our site and help us with keyword research. We use the "All in One SEO" plugin for Wordpress if this helps

We are also looking for help with quality link building

Please drop me a message if you need more info or have any recommendations

Totally unrelated, but I love your website.

I once ran a website for people with mental health (we reached peak success in around 2008 with around 100k members) but it slowly died away. Probably due to my extremely poor knowledge of the internet and websites at the time.

I just wanted to say that I fully appreciate the effort put in on your part and commend you on the great job you are doing.

Did you make the theme yourself?

Totally unrelated, but I love your website.

I once ran a website for people with mental health (we reached peak success in around 2008 with around 100k members) but it slowly died away. Probably due to my extremely poor knowledge of the internet and websites at the time.

I just wanted to say that I fully appreciate the effort put in on your part and commend you on the great job you are doing.

Did you make the theme yourself?

Thanks Lee, its appreciated

Wow 100k members is fantastic so its a pity it didn't work out for you. We have many people on our site with a wide range of mental health issues.

We hired someone to design our theme. He was great to work with and excellent communication etc. You can find the link to him in the footer of my site

Top Bottom