Paypal Issues?

Aaron Sofaer

I've tried twice this afternoon to buy a XenForo license, once with the company card and once with my personal debit card. Both times, I get the following error message:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

As you might imagine, I'm rather perplexed. Both cards are in good standing and I've paid with my personal card through Paypal numerous times. I'd be less grumpy if I could export from the XenForo demo (because then I could still be working on it), but as it stands, bah humbug. :)

I don't see a "Billing Issues" area, so I'm hoping that this is the right place to have posted this.

I've tried twice this afternoon to buy a XenForo license, once with the company card and once with my personal debit card. Both times, I get the following error message:

As you might imagine, I'm rather perplexed. Both cards are in good standing and I've paid with my personal card through Paypal numerous times. I'd be less grumpy if I could export from the XenForo demo (because then I could still be working on it), but as it stands, bah humbug. :)

I don't see a "Billing Issues" area, so I'm hoping that this is the right place to have posted this.

Unfortunately this error is random and the solutions do not work for some while they do work for others.

Can you attempt to checkout using a mobile device such as an iPad or smartphone, or failing that, send in a ticket, and we can look at alternative ways to fix this (such as issuing an invoice or payment request) or bank transfer.

I tried using my mobile device and had the same error. I have created a support ticket via the "contact" link posted by @Andrej and am looking forward to getting this resolved. :)

edit: whoops, no user tagging.

Well, I've already taken the matter to the support ticket, but hopefully an invoice can be arranged through, I dunno, freshbooks or something (or whatever site, there's about a bajillion).

In the meantime, time to go hunting for The Perfect Theme!

Well, I've already taken the matter to the support ticket, but hopefully an invoice can be arranged through, I dunno, freshbooks or something (or whatever site, there's about a bajillion).

In the meantime, time to go hunting for The Perfect Theme!

Ashley will get things sorted, don't worry :)

Western Union's transactional costs are ludicrously high, though. (Well, ludicrous related to marginal costs and added utility over other existing invoicing sites etc etc.)

Anyway, I'm a patient guy, especially since there's plenty of other design work to do, an FAQ to write, rules to consider... and Candy Box to play. Oh yes.

Western Union's transactional costs are ludicrously high, though. (Well, ludicrous related to marginal costs and added utility over other existing invoicing sites etc etc.)

Anyway, I'm a patient guy, especially since there's plenty of other design work to do, an FAQ to write, rules to consider... and Candy Box to play. Oh yes.
Agreed (y)

Top Bottom