XF 1.5 Paypal button in post (bbcode)

Mr Lucky

I want to be able to post a paypal (donation) button in a thread.

I have tried a custom bbcode, and it works most of the time, but sometimes there is a redirect to

/inline-mod/post/switch (with an error page message)

In custom bbcodes I have not changed anything apart from adding the bbcode itself and pasting the paypl button form into HTML replacement.

Does anyone know what is causing this to sometimes (randomly) fail?

(NB: The code itself works fine in page nodes html or in notices html, and the bbcode replacement works fine most of the time)

Thanks

Last edited:
The posts are potentially wrapped in a form for the inline moderation system. Unfortunately, forms can't be nested, so including another form inside a post is problematic. If you can avoid the form, that would resolve the issue. Otherwise, it might need something like an iframe.

(Not that it helps now, but we've gotten rid of the wrapping form in XF2 specifically because of problems along this line.)

The posts are potentially wrapped in a form for the inline moderation system. Unfortunately, forms can't be nested, so including another form inside a post is problematic. If you can avoid the form, that would resolve the issue. Otherwise, it might need something like an iframe.

(Not that it helps now, but we've gotten rid of the wrapping form in XF2 specifically because of problems along this line.)

OK, that makes sense. (Although I'm confused as to why it happens sometimes and not others)

Does the same apply to conversations?

Good news about xf2.

Top Bottom