XF 1.3 Payment privacy issue - Need help ASAP

Rho Delta

So my paypal account has my personal email listed as my "primary email" and a business email address as a secondary info. On the old version of xenforo there werent as many payment options so I just used my personal email since I didn't think the donors would see anything other than the account name which is my business name. Apparently if they go to transaction details, they can see my personal email address which is a major privacy issue.

Can I just move my personal email to the 2nd box which is new to keep the existing recurring donations active and put my secondary business email in the first box which is already used? Or do I need to change my primary account email IN paypal? Help is much appreciated in getting this figured out. I need to fix the security issue but I have quite a few recurring donations I rely on and can't risk losing.

User Upgrades   Admin CP   OldRow.webp

That is not a default xenforo PayPal setup. I assume you have addons installed.

Either way you should be able to set the primary email within PayPal.

That is not a default xenforo PayPal setup.
The Alternate PayPal address field was added in 1.3.1.

Try switching them around, but if you want total "privacy" remove your personal account and replace it with a "forum" account.
Existing subscriptions will expire and they will need to renew.

Try switching them around, but if you want total "privacy" remove your personal account and replace it with a "forum" account.
So can I use both emails in the xenforo fields but put my secondary email in the Primary email field, it should use the "forum email" going forward but keep my "personal email" alive for existing donations? Hope that makes sense, this would be the best scenario, I don't want to make any changes until I am sure it won't cancel all of my existing recurring payments.

That should work, provided PayPal doesn't reveal any other emails to the purchaser other than what's listed in the payment. (Historically, in terms of PayPal callbacks, they have possibly sent different emails than what potentially received the payment, but that may not be the case any longer.)

@Mike this sentence is what concerns me in xenforo
This is the primary email address on your PayPal account. If this is incorrect, payments may not be processed successfully. Note this must be a PayPal Premier or Business account and IPNs must be enabled. Please see our help.
since I will be using a secondary email in the primary email spot.

Also will there be any conflicts since both emails I will be using on the XF backend connect to the same paypal account?

Ah did not realize it was in 1.3.1

Thanks

Top Bottom