Patreon Upgrades [Deleted]

Z61

Z61 submitted a new resource:

Patreon Upgrades - Tie your Patreon rewards with board upgrades

NOTE: Only recommended for per-post Patreon creators.

Patreon Upgrades allows you to associate your board upgrades with Patreon rewards.

Features:
  • Integrated with both Patreon and your board. Allows for the upgrades to be handled automatically by XF.
  • Patreon Login - Your users will be able to login via Patreon
Requirements:
  • PHP 5.6+
  • HTTPS configured board
  • cURL installed and configured with PHP extension
Installation:...

Read more about this resource...

@Z61 I'd gladly buy multiple licenses if it meant that it worked with monthly creators. All the communities I run are powered by Patreon but not on a paid post basis.

@Z61 I'd gladly buy multiple licenses if it meant that it worked with monthly creators. All the communities I run are powered by Patreon but not on a paid post basis.
It's recommend for per-post patrons as Patreon provides no way to verify that you have been paid when a plege is created as the other methods are paid at the end of the month. As such it's recommended for those where when they pledge it's immediately paid. It would in theory work for other types of creators.

This is also going on my limited experience of using Patron as a creator, perhaps I don't properly understand how it works.

just upgrade board to xf 2 , its a great improvement

I still have a lot of 1.* addons I rely on and enjoy using. XF2 is still in beta. And quite honestly it barely looks any different to XF1. I'll be switching to IPS if anything.

It's recommend for per-post patrons as Patreon provides no way to verify that you have been paid when a plege is created as the other methods are paid at the end of the month. As such it's recommended for those where when they pledge it's immediately paid. It would in theory work for other types of creators.

This is also going on my limited experience of using Patron as a creator, perhaps I don't properly understand how it works.

Hmm.

Let me know if the case ever changes! We use the monthly pledge system.

Hmm.

yes, I just want a Patreon addon that detects whether the user is still pledged to one of my pledge levels and once they stop pledging they'll be downgraded back to a regular user again.

Hmm.

yes, I just want a Patreon addon that detects whether the user is still pledged to one of my pledge levels and once they stop pledging they'll be downgraded back to a regular user again.

I'll be doing more research into the system this weekend and I'll see if there's anything that can be done.

Heyo, any news or updates @Z61? You probably never got around to it, but please keep us updated :)
Sorry for such a delay, was ill this past week. I looked into it, but I don't think anything has really changed yet. They do seem to have a good roadmap planned, but we'll have to see.

Sorry for such a delay, was ill this past week. I looked into it, but I don't think anything has really changed yet. They do seem to have a good roadmap planned, but we'll have to see.

Thanks Z61, I really appreciate you looking into it and getting back to me as well as the work you've done on the addon so far.

Could I pick your brain a little further though as to how this plugin/bridge works exactly? In what way wouldn't it work with monthly pledges?

Here's my use case - basically all I need is a plugin that will allow someone to become a VIP member on our site by pledging for a recurring monthly patreon subscription (as opposed to directly via paypal) and whenever they cancel their pledge, their VIP status on our site will be revoked.

What part of my 'use-case' wouldn't work under the current version of the mod?

Also, if what I am trying to do isn't possible with the current add-on whatsoever is there anything that could be done to help achieve my use-case. If so I'd be more than willing to pay you to code extra functionality that could help make it work?

@GoPluto your situation should work as is. It's just not advised as the user isn't charged immediately so they could pledge -> get premium membership -> take some stuff from your premium area -> cancel without ever being charged.

@GoPluto your situation should work as is. It's just not advised as the user isn't charged immediately so they could pledge -> get premium membership -> take some stuff from your premium area -> cancel without ever being charged.

Oh, I wasn't aware that they weren't charged immediately... I have pledged before and assumed I was charged immediately after pledging but going back and looking I now notice it says I'll be charged at the beginning of the following month o_O

So essentially there's some slippage and the possibility of them accessing premium content which is fair enough... I could live with that as the amount of people who'd intentionally try and game the system would be pretty low (i'd assume).

So does the plugin still detect when someone is no longer pledging and demote the user at some point? If so that'd make this mod perfect for me.

Thanks for getting back to me again, I appreciate it. Lately it seems like every developer I try to reach these days never gets back to me :unsure: so it's nice to meet one who communicates regularly! :D

Reactions: Naz
Top Bottom