Patreon Upgrades [Deleted]

Hey, really interested in this, but: NOTE: Only recommended for per-post Patreon creators.

What I'd like is for anyone that pledges a monthly donation via my Patreon is upgraded in XF. Will this allow me to do that?

Thanks,
Rob

Hey, really interested in this, but: NOTE: Only recommended for per-post Patreon creators.

What I'd like is for anyone that pledges a monthly donation via my Patreon is upgraded in XF. Will this allow me to do that?

Thanks,
Rob
Hello, it would work for any style of Patreon creator, but you run the risk of users not actually paying you, but still receiving their upgrade. If you need more information, check the previous posts in this thread.

Hello, it would work for any style of Patreon creator, but you run the risk of users not actually paying you, but still receiving their upgrade. If you need more information, check the previous posts in this thread.
Thanks. It’d then downgrade them back to a standard member? As in, it’s a two way thing?

Thanks. It’d then downgrade them back to a standard member? As in, it’s a two way thing?
Correct. There is currently a bug that may prevent the downgrade in some circumstances though. If you're interested in the add-on I recommend waiting until Wednesday when I push the fix.

Is this still being developed?
Hi, unfortunately not at the moment. Due to some issues I had working with Patreon's API , I completely lost all motivation to mess with it. I'm gonna come back to it in a couple weeks, though. They just recently launched a beta that seems to correct a lot of the issues that I faced.

Hi, unfortunately not at the moment. Due to some issues I had working with Patreon's API , I completely lost all motivation to mess with it. I'm gonna come back to it in a couple weeks, though. They just recently launched a beta that seems to correct a lot of the issues that I faced.
Cool.

Would love if it could be all handled from XF. Don’t even know if that’s possible?

Just seen the new API

I know we talked about that a few months back, can you elaborate more on what you'd like to see?
Ideally user does not need to leave XF to become a Patreon. It is all handled natively within XF (somehow). The issue with the current mod is it’s too labour intensive, I’ve 26 Patreons, not a single one worked out how to link accounts etc 😬

Ideally user does not need to leave XF to become a Patreon. It is all handled natively within XF (somehow). The issue with the current mod is it’s too labour intensive, I’ve 26 Patreons, not a single one worked out how to link accounts etc 😬
I'm not sure if that's possible, but I haven't looked at their new API yet. I doubt it will be. As for the way to setup Patreon, I might be able to add a help page for setting up a link.

I'm not sure if that's possible, but I haven't looked at their new API yet. I doubt it will be. As for the way to setup Patreon, I might be able to add a help page for setting up a link.
A help page / detailed guide would be great. Patreon havis just started to charge new Patreons instantly (as long as you turn that setting on) which is much better than how they had it before.

Hi, this addon looks pretty great, but is it still supported? It's marked 'unmaintained' so im not sure if I should spend the money on it.

by the way, if you got this working with the new API i think you could charge more for it than you currently are.

Hi, this addon looks pretty great, but is it still supported? It's marked 'unmaintained' so im not sure if I should spend the money on it.

by the way, if you got this working with the new API i think you could charge more for it than you currently are.
Hi, it's currently not supported, but I do plan on upgrading it to support the new API in the future.

Did you remove all the files you uploaded when you installed the addon?

What are the errors including the stack trace and request state?

I am very interested in this addon. Does it still work with the new API? @Z61 consider to raise renewal price in order to keep it up to date with API changes.

Could someone share their Patreon page? I would love to see others use case.

@Z61 Would you consider adding support for GoFundMe or Indiegogo? In this addon or a separate one? In 9 out of 10 cases my members ask for these sites.

Top Bottom