Patreon Upgrades [Deleted]

I am very interested in this addon. Does it still work with the new API? @Z61 consider to raise renewal price in order to keep it up to date with API changes.

Could someone share their Patreon page? I would love to see others use case.

@Z61 Would you consider adding support for GoFundMe or Indiegogo? In this addon or a separate one? In 9 out of 10 cases my members ask for these sites.

I too am very interested in this, and I agree that if it was supported and worked with the v2 API I would be willing to pay twice as much as it's current price.

@Alfa1 i had a programmer friend look over the patreon API and he said the v2 is still in beta and that this addon would probably still work (with v1 of the API). That said, I'd hate to get hooked on this addon then have them change apis and then have to drop it again.

I am very interested in this addon. Does it still work with the new API? @Z61 consider to raise renewal price in order to keep it up to date with API changes.

Could someone share their Patreon page? I would love to see others use case.

@Z61 Would you consider adding support for GoFundMe or Indiegogo? In this addon or a separate one? In 9 out of 10 cases my members ask for these sites.
I too am very interested in this, and I agree that if it was supported and worked with the v2 API I would be willing to pay twice as much as it's current price.

@Alfa1 i had a programmer friend look over the patreon API and he said the v2 is still in beta and that this addon would probably still work (with v1 of the API). That said, I'd hate to get hooked on this addon then have them change apis and then have to drop it again.

It would technically still work with v1, but I wouldn't recommend it at this time. I plan on coming back to this once my classifieds addon is at a good state, but for the moment I cannot recommend purchasing it.

It would technically still work with v1, but I wouldn't recommend it at this time. I plan on coming back to this once my classifieds addon is at a good state, but for the moment I cannot recommend purchasing it.

Well I appreciate your honesty, I'll keep watching this thread for any future updates.

@Z61 what is the development status of this addon? Can you foresee an update?

i hate to argue against this addon's existence since i have previously offered to fund development of it; but pragmatically, just about any feature of patreon could be emulated in the XF software, so unless I'm missing something, I feel like there's not much reason to integrate these two things when XF can essentially be set up to be it's own patreon service through account upgrades.

I have considered the same line of thought. I think that the value of patreon upgrades would be:
  1. Expose your financial needs to a new group of people who may be sympathetic to your cause. i.e. a new income stream.
  2. Quite a few members find the xenforo account upgrade system confusing. Patreon may be a solution.
  3. Patreon offers subscriptions only. No single payments. Payments done though patreon will generate monthly income.
  4. Patreon is well known and I have received frequent questions if we are on Patreon or GoFundMe. And why we are not. So there is social demand for it.
Its certainly something that I would like to give a shot and see how it goes.

I have considered the same line of thought. I think that the value of patreon upgrades would be:
  1. Expose your financial needs to a new group of people who may be sympathetic to your cause. i.e. a new income stream.
  2. Quite a few members find the xenforo account upgrade system confusing. Patreon may be a solution.
  3. Patreon offers subscriptions only. No single payments. Payments done though patreon will generate monthly income.
  4. Patreon is well known and I have received frequent questions if we are on Patreon or GoFundMe. And why we are not. So there is social demand for it.
Its certainly something that I would like to give a shot and see how it goes.

those are all good reasons. i do have to admit that the brand recognition of patreon is huge.

considering it was $20USD and still up i thought it might work but i was wrong unless u have plans on updating it

considering it was $20USD and still up i thought it might work but i was wrong unless u have plans on updating it
It's on the back burner at the moment and with the API changes, I need to do a full remake on it implement it properly. My current focus is on my classifieds add-on and I do not know when this one will get focus. Also, as mentioned, you've been refunded.

All good I took down that review I really needed this for my project but I'm back to the good old drawing board if ur willing to fix it for me I'm happy to pay a bit more

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
Add-on is not currently in a reasonable condition to be sold but may be re-added in the future.

I'm not sure why you bought it, to be honest, I will process a refund but it says unsupported.
If it's for sale, people will buy it.

If it's not in a saleable condition, which appears to be the case, it should no longer be for sale. Feel free to re-add it to the Resource Manager once the issues are resolved. Alternatively send us a message and we will re-instate this resource once you're ready to update it.

If it's for sale, people will buy it.

If it's not in a saleable condition, which appears to be the case, it should no longer be for sale. Feel free to re-add it to the Resource Manager once the issues are resolved. Alternatively send us a message and we will re-instate this resource once you're ready to update it.
Understandable. The goal was to leave it in an archival type of state for the time being and mark it as unsupported, however, I guess I was misinterpreting the use of unsupported. Thanks for clearing it up.

Top Bottom