Pathetic Customer Support by HostGator

At present, i have disabled all addon and website is anyways blocked for outside world. Only i am able to use with a whitelist IP and still its showing 35% CPU usage.

So, whom to blame ? Host for tweaked figures or Xenforo itself ?
Look for something else such as another script on your site, possibly hacked...
...or XenForo hacked through some addon.
Disabling that addon does not help.

^^

At Present all addons are disabled and i am the only person who is able to access the website. Still Hostgator is sleeping and not replying to my tickets.

and I can see the CUP usage 33% . Isn't this insane ?

^^

At Present all addons are disabled and i am the only person who is able to access the website. Still Hostgator is sleeping and not replying to my tickets.

and I can see the CUP usage 33% . Isn't this insane ?
Maybe the server is processing something which has been injected?

How do i find that ? How can i check which injection is causing such high CPU usage ?

How do i find that ? How can i check which injection is causing such high CPU usage ?
As a first step I would totally disable the forum.
Renaming forum to forum_anything.
Renaming yourname_database to yourname_datttttabase.
No harm to anything with those steps. Easy to rename them again.
Still high usage?

As a first step I would totally disable the forum.
Renaming forum to forum_anything.
Renaming yourname_database to yourname_datttttabase.
No harm to anything with those steps. Easy to rename them again.
Still high usage?

Are you sure this is harmless as i have less knowledge about all this ?

Are you sure this is harmless as i have less knowledge about all this ?
Your forum stop functioning because the URL: http://mysite.com/forum does not match http://mysite.com/anything.

Any malware script trying to use yourname_database cannot find it because it is yourname_dattttttttttabase.

You can rename the folder with FTP or cPanel.
For the database you will need phpmyadmin(it's included in cPanel).

Don't do it if you are not experienced with them.

OK, Finally Hostgator resumed my website and replied this .
What does that means ?
The bad news is you almost definitely have something else going on. I was on HostGator with xenForo when I started out and with me and a few test accounts on it was negligible (and that was with no caching and over 300 nodes defined and about 80 add-ons).
You need to be looking at other problems as has been detailed. I can't think of anything you could misconfigure on xenForo bad enough to cause a problem like that.

For large sites it is helpful.
I don't believe that XenForo causing this, without injected malware built into it.

Do you have a chat addon? They might use the CPU excessively.

Nope, I so not have any chat addon. this is the detailed info given by them. But i am unable to understand what's wrong in it .

I went ahead and lifted this suspension and found that your account consumed 45.83 CPU seconds in a 301 second span, processing 547 requests which resulted in 151 PHP processes (15% CPU, 1.82req/sec, 0.30cpusec/phpreq).
Breaking this down by script: 29.74s x75 64.89% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/index.php 13.2s x59 28.80% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/css.php 1.23s x11 2.68% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/rgba.php 0.93s x4 2.03% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/deferred.php 0.73s x2 1.59% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php

The bad news is you almost definitely have something else going on. I was on HostGator with xenForo when I started out and with me and a few test accounts on it was negligible (and that was with no caching and over 300 nodes defined and about 80 add-ons).
You need to be looking at other problems as has been detailed. I can't think of anything you could misconfigure on xenForo bad enough to cause a problem like that.

So, what do you suggest, Ebable Cache as explained in http://xenforo.com/help/cache/ or what ?

$25 per month.

But its most surprising that they never offered for an upgrdae and directly quoting us for a dedicated server. Running asingle Ad-Free forum with 35000 unique visitors per month on a dedicated server. Isn't this insane deal ?

It's ridiculous. Don't go for that nonsense. This is what a lot of hosts do. They limit your resources so much so they can upsell you to a VPS or dedicated box. Not needed at all...especially in your case.

Hostgator said:
Your cpusec/phpreq remains relatively high

They should be able to tell you exactly what script, exactly what page, etc. is driving the CPU usage up.

Since HG keeps giving you the runaround, go to the HG site and submit a request for SSH access, if you don't have it already. They will normally grant it without issue, but you might need to give them a scanned ID or such.
Then download PUTTY (www.putty.org)
Connect to your server (HG will supply the details...should be your server IP, and then your username and password)
Run top -c

That'll give you somewhat of an idea of what is hitting the CPU.

$25 per month.

But its most surprising that they never offered for an upgrdae and directly quoting us for a dedicated server. Running asingle Ad-Free forum with 35000 unique visitors per month on a dedicated server. Isn't this insane deal ?
I think the best thing to do would be to head over to WHT and take a look round, short list a few hosts and read some reviews until you can make your choice.

One tip I'd like to give you, though; don't always assume cheap is best, it's most likely the host is overselling and that isn't good news for you.

I'd recommend going with a unmanaged VPS provider as it's a good learning curve, but it seems as if you want cPanel/WHM which throws that out the window (unless you want to buy a cPanel license for like $200), maybe also look into DirectAdmin?

They should be able to tell you exactly what script, exactly what page, etc. is driving the CPU usage up.
They did that:
Breaking this down by script: 29.74s x75 64.89% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/index.php 13.2s x59 28.80% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/css.php 1.23s x11 2.68% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/rgba.php 0.93s x4 2.03% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/deferred.php 0.73s x2 1.59% /home/*********j/public_html/indiamatic.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php

They did that:

Odd...that didn't show up on my phone.

Maybe I'm confusing threads, but I thought this was a brand new forum installation with nobody online?? I see 1,100 members, with almost 60 online. That changes things...
Sure it's something that shared hosting should be able to support without issue, but it's far from a brand new installation.

Top Bottom