Resource icon

Password Tools 3.9.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Password Tools - Cause safer passwords are better passwords.

Password Tools
Description
password_strength.png

Source

This modification mostly follows the principles of Dan Wheelers password strength estimator zxcvbn. It does not weight password strength by their combination of upper/lower letters, special...

Read more about this resource...

Would it be possible to test already registered users and send them a warning? I mean Pwned.
This add-on isn't hooked up to when they log in, which is the only other time the raw password is available for doing this sort of check.

There's no bottom border if I disable this option.

Also, not sure if it's related, but on my Android devices I use Bitwarden password manager app and if this option (show/hide password toggle) is enabled the Bitwarden app will not recognize login form and show up to fill in the credentials. If I disable this option it shows up normally. Tested with Chrome mobile and Opera mobile.

Last edited:
The bottom border should be back in, but fixing why the password manager isn't working is challenging because of the HTML layout changes required for this feature. Lastpass works.

You might need to report a bug with Bitwarden password manager, not sure where to start with it

FYI, but XF2.1 now includes a zxcvbn-based strength meter and the 'show password' toggle. This add-on will likely be deprecated once I can get a hold of XF2.1, and I'll release the Pwned Password component as a new add-on

FYI, but XF2.1 now includes a zxcvbn-based strength meter and the 'show password' toggle. This add-on will likely be deprecated once I can get a hold of XF2.1, and I'll release the Pwned Password component as a new add-on

This is fantastic news @Xon! Thank you so much.

• Love
Reactions: Xon
Hi @Xon

Some minor improvement .. when we mouse hover for the first time in the show/hide toggle icon, it doesn't show the phrase.

Top Bottom