1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password Reset Query

A database query to reset a user's password. Useful for recovery of admin login.

1. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Jake Bunce submitted a new resource:

Password Reset Query (version 1.x) - A database query to reset a user's password. Useful for recovery of admin login.

Read more about this resource...

2. ting.mike

ting.mike Member

Jake,
    I just finished the xenforo install, and I've already lost the administrator password. I tried using the query you posted, and though it was performed successfully, I still couldn't log in using the new set password.

3. Jake Bunce

Is there an error? Does it say the login is incorrect?

The query works fine in my testing. Maybe you specified the wrong user_id or ran the query on the wrong database or something.

4. ting.mike

ting.mike Member

Well it just said wrong password. I checked the query 3 times to make sure that the user_id, password and database is correct. But nevermind the problem is solved now. I reinstalled xenForo and started with a new database.

5. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Jake, how would I add a new user through the database? I added myself to the xf_user by copying another user already on the database, than I also added myself to the xf_authenticate and used the query u provided above, but It keeps saying my password is wrong :/

Thanks in advance!

6. Jake Bunce

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/script-to-create-a-new-user.21286/#post-270084

If you are missing the joined record in any of those tables then it might result in "user not found" kind of errors.

gldtn likes this.