Resource icon

Password Protected Nodes 1.2.9

No permission to download
Hi, I've found a small bug in this plugin.

If I visit a thread/post in the section that's password protected without entering the password before visiting it won't let me enter the password, It comes up saying "The requested page could not be found." but if I visit the main node and enter the password it works fine.

If you need a live example just PM me and i'll set you up an account on my forum to test it on.

Great plugin otherwise! keep up the good work :)

Stopped working on the version xF 1.5
When you enter the correct password nothing happens except this error:View attachment 118706

Apologise :oops: Didn't notice for some reason conflicts with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ad-manager.4167/

write about it Server Error Log
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/Andy/AdManager/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:37

That's an issue with their add-on - they aren't checking the response type.

Liam

Does this addon check forum_list last post data if the user has permission to view or not?
Right now, we have implemented password protected nodes on some sub forums.
But even user's don't have access to private sub forums, last post thread still showing thread under private nodes.

Thanks!

Does this addon check forum_list last post data if the user has permission to view or not?
Right now, we have implemented password protected nodes on some sub forums.
But even user's don't have access to private sub forums, last post thread still showing thread under private nodes.

Thanks!

It does, yes. It extends the relevant canViewThread method and returns false if they don't have the password cookie (or session value, I cant remember what the latest version uses).

Liam

I'm having an issue where members say they have to re-enter the password every time they leave the site and come back. The strange thing is that this isn't an issue with them being logged out, as all users have 'Keep Me Logged In' permanently checked.

Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The session has been saved and is now read-only. - library/XenForo/Session.php:660
Generated By: ADMIN, Today at 5:07 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/LiamW/PasswordProtectedNodes/Helper/ProtectedNodes.php(31): XenForo_Session->set('passwordProtect...', Array)
#1 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/LiamW/PasswordProtectedNodes/Extend/Model/Thread.php(17): LiamW_PasswordProtectedNodes_Helper_ProtectedNodes::isAuthenticatedForNode(8)
#2 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/Widget/Threads.php(42): LiamW_PasswordProtectedNodes_Extend_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer(Array, Array, NULL, Array)
#3 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php(248): EWRporta2_Widget_Threads->getUncachedData(Array, Array)
#4 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php(81): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#5 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#6 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#7 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#8 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#9 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(20) "http://whatsgood.us/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

This add-on is for XF 1.x, which is will only be supported for a few more months. I no longer support my XF 1.x add-ons, as XF1 code isn't pleasant to work with, and my mental health needs to come first.

Though I should emphasise that I didn't mean that working with XF1 code causes mental health problems, merely that my own mental health problems may be exacerbated by working on XF1 code, having not touched it for a significant amount of time and having to juggle the very different codebases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom