Lack of interest Pass ThreadFieldValue entity to BB-Code PHP callback when it called from Custom Fields

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Painbaker

As described here in "BB-Code PHP callback not contain entity tag option when called from custom fields" thread, $options['entity'] value is empty, when it called from Custom Fields. But is assumed that there should be related to rendarable content entity.

This behavior unexpected for my add-on and it seems to solve this problem i need to override XF\CustomField\Definition::getFormattedValue($value) method (and others, because that also not contain ThreadFieldValue entity 😭 ) and create potential area of incompatibility with other add-ons which also will try to to pass entity to BB-Code PHP callback.

I hope this will be solved on XF side to avoid these hacks and for more compatibility...

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom