XF 1.1 Partial private conversation permissions?

Wildcat Media

Am I seeing this right in that we can't fully turn off private conversations for users? We have a handful we've had to ban from the PM system in vB, and having them turned on in XF is unacceptable. The only thing this does is prevent them from starting a conversation--it does not prevent them from replying to existing conversations, meaning, harassment can continue. Even removing that reply link would be helpful, as they could still not respond to existing messages.

One line of thinking is that there might be a template edit where I could wrap the "reply" in a conditional, displaying only if a user is not a member of my "revoke personal conversation" usergroup. That might also be a good idea for an add-on (and I really should start learning how to write add-ons... ;) ).

However, I recommend Conversation Essentials from Syndol. The perfect addon for you.

I looked at that earler. It doesn't cover the real permissions issues we have, and none of those features are anything I'd want members to have anyway.

I'll probably go the conditionals route when I get a chance--we still have a total permissions mess on our hands thanks to vB...

Syndol was going to update it with a "Use Conversations" permission for usergroups. This will save you template edits and an additional usergroup and does not allow to send or receive conversations for such a usergroup. ;)

It'd be a good add-on if there were a way to turn off all those features we don't want (although I haven't downloaded it to see if that is possible, since it is a paid add-on). Has potential though! For now I'll have to find out how conditionals work and apply it where I need it.

I think my most wanted feature for PMs/PCs has to be a search function...just from personal experience! :D

Top Bottom