Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR

onthefly

I having problems after uploading new files to server for upgrade, any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /nfs/c07/h02/mnt/*****/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/install/index.php on line 8

And you're sure you've overwritten the existing files, and didn't resume/skip any?
What OS are you on, which PHP version?

I'd recommend reuploading the install/index.php file in particular, ensuring that it's overwritten. To be safe, I'd reupload everything.

And you're sure you've overwritten the existing files, and didn't resume/skip any?
What OS are you on, which PHP version?
Yes, OS and PHP are all current, as I purchased a new server just for this software are finding out my other one wouldn't work! This is a upgrade, not a new install and I have already had the xenforo working ! No skipped files, perfect upload through filezila!

I don't think that file even changed between beta 1 and 2 - and the line in question is identical to one in index.php in the root directory.

What are the entire contents of install/index.php?

It seems to be fixed, upgrading right now, I'll keep you posted. :rolleyes: For some reason the PHP version was switched form 5 to 4 durring the upgrade is that possible? Weired? Anyway thanks for the support guys! :)

Top Bottom