Pakistan Broadband Forum

Jattitude

Hello,

I started this forum last year and it has been painfully slow till now so I am hoping to get some advise from members here about things I can do to improve the forum's appeal and get people to talk on the forum. Traffic is less then 1000UV per day till now.

My forum is at www.PakistanBroadband.com

I have started to believe that my niche is not suited to the country I am in. I would probably be doing a lot better with a forum related to guns or something on those lines.

I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts on how to improve this forum and get people to start talking.

Thanks

Well, taking a quick look. You are using the default Xenforo style. That is a little off putting. Nothing wrong with it persay, there just isn't enough customization. Everything else is fairly basic. From a guest's point of view, there is not really much to the site beyond just the forums. Maybe you wanted a minimalist layout. Regardless, I still think you should customize the design some more and add additional features.

That's just me take on things. It's true that when you go customizing your own design, it is time consuming and you can mess up. However, you can always take a free design from the resources and work from there. I would advise having a test site, though before you make any changes, so you don't mess up a working site.

Us forum admins know this is the default template and any one hardly uses it just because it is default. My forum visitors have no clue that it is default and think it is a work of art and I personally feel this template looks neat too. The added benefit is that I don't have to worry about design compatibility when new versions are released and there is no customization so no extra work :)

I have added SSL to this forum and have lost some traffic but I like the s thing and the lock. Check it out Pakistan Broadband Forum. My forum has also become very slow since I added ssl because I don't have spdy installed and I cant get it because I am using Cpanel. I don't know what to do now because it is too slow for my liking and Cpanel does not support sdpy :(

As far as speed goes if you are on a VPS or dedicated server you might try something like nginx (free) or lightspeed (paid) to speed things up. I prefer lightspeed again if you are on a VPS or dedicated server use some kind of caching mechanism like memcache or something.

It is a dedicated server and Zend opcache and memcached is already at work but still the forum feels sluggish since SSL was installed. I guess it would be better to move this forum to a small VPS and have spdy to give it a little push. Might try the centmin mod thing and see if I can get it to work for me. I dont have the expertise but the tutorials look easy so might aswell give it a try and see how it goes.

Top Bottom