XF 1.2 Paid Subscriptions & Secondary User Groups

RoyalRumble

Hi There,

I've just migrated from vBulletin 4.

I set-up a new usergroup called 'Forum Supporter' for my paid subscriptions - asking any subscriber to be placed in 'Forum Supporter'

upload_2014-2-15_16-7-37.webp

I manually upgraded all paid subscriptions as so;

upload_2014-2-15_16-6-52.webp

The example I'll use is 'dholl'

upload_2014-2-15_16-9-31.webp
(Photoshopped to edit out users)

'Dholl' has been upgraded to a paid subscription.

But he isn't given the secondary membership 'Forum Supporter'

upload_2014-2-15_16-10-46.webp

I've ran User Group Promotions and Rebuild User Group Promotions without any joy.

Sure would appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
When you say you manually upgraded them, did they already have the upgrade? Existing upgrades likely won't be changed (as the group is applied only when they're first upgraded).

Alternatively, have they had this group before and then been manually removed from it? There's a tricky situation where you have manual group changes combined with automatic changes that has the system decide not to add the group (mostly since it believes its already been added).

When you say you manually upgraded them, did they already have the upgrade? Existing upgrades likely won't be changed (as the group is applied only when they're first upgraded).

Alternatively, have they had this group before and then been manually removed from it? There's a tricky situation where you have manual group changes combined with automatic changes that has the system decide not to add the group (mostly since it believes its already been added).

Thanks for the prompt reply Mike.

That could be it.

I imported paid subscriptions across, but then decided to downgrade/remove them all as they attributed to usergroups I would be deleting.

So after import - I deleted every subscription/upgrade, and then manually re-added following the process above.

Any ideas how to resolve?

[Edit] I deleted the usergroup. Created a new usergroup. Changed the desired usergroup to put upgrades into and rebuilt cache. Problem remains

[EDIT] Resolved by manually re-adding all the upgrades.

Last edited:
If you deleted the old upgrades, that should have been sufficient. Try downgrading again and reupgrading.

If there's still a problem, I'd probably need DB access to see what is going on exactly. If you could submit a ticket with admin CP and FTP details, I can look into it.

Top Bottom