Duplicate Paid Subscription Improvements

AzzidReign

There are some things that I think this "module" is lacking.
  1. The ability for the owner to toggle an agreement screen for users prior to getting to the paid subscription list. This would help reduce losing cases in Paypal, especially if we can show that they agreed to it via their profile that we can link paypal to.
  2. Ability to search each upgrade package.
    1. That way if you need to edit a user's package, you can easily do it. As an example of what happens on my site, someone buys a package and then we do a discount and before the current upgrade expires, they buy at discount. Right now we manually have to go in and find that user and edit it. We currently have 11 pages of active upgrades, for a single package (and we have 5 different packages)... That leads me to my next suggestion:
  3. Compounding upgrades. Allow a user to buy 2 packages and tack that time on to the expiration of the first package they bought.
  4. @digitalpoint made mention he modified his to use Paypal's API to allow his users to cancel recurring subscriptions from the site. This would be a great addition.
  5. ACP statistics - so that way you can keep track of trends. Right now I'm having to manually do it via paypal or even the database. It would be great to use the built in statistical graph system to see how the packages are trending.
    1. It would be great to have the option to view it based on each package too. So instead of just seeing how many people are buying, we could see how many people are buying each package. Then we can do some A/B testing to see if we can improve the stats of low performing packages or just remove them all together.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There are some things that I think this "module" is lacking.
  1. The ability for the owner to toggle an agreement screen for users prior to getting to the paid subscription list. This would help reduce losing cases in Paypal, especially if we can show that they agreed to it via their profile that we can link paypal to.
  2. Ability to search each upgrade package.
    1. That way if you need to edit a user's package, you can easily do it. As an example of what happens on my site, someone buys a package and then we do a discount and before the current upgrade expires, they buy at discount. Right now we manually have to go in and find that user and edit it. We currently have 11 pages of active upgrades, for a single package (and we have 5 different packages)... That leads me to my next suggestion:
  3. Compounding upgrades. Allow a user to buy 2 packages and tack that time on to the expiration of the first package they bought.
  4. @digitalpoint made mention he modified his to use Paypal's API to allow his users to cancel recurring subscriptions from the site. This would be a great addition.
All good suggestions, especially #1 and #4. Here's digitalpoint's post highlighting the cool things they use the API for.

Does any plugin or setting exist currently that allows members to gift each other upgrades?
I have my own many additions to it. I was going to suggest some other things but I've already hired out and have them implemented in my site. Things like:
  • Coupons
  • Alert reminding user package is about to expire (3 days prior and 1 day prior)
  • Gifting
  • Paid name changes
  • Tokens - redeemable on packages
I may be missing a feature or 2.

I forgot to add...STATISTICS!!!! Why are there no statistics on paid subscriptions in the ACP?!?! Just added it to the list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom