Add-on [PAID] sms verification

blackmetal

Hi,
we have xenforo license we need a addon that when user signup they verified by sms,
my mean is when user register on xenforo enter cell phone number as custom field then as like as email verification a code send to that cell phone number using our sms server web service and then user enter that code and that registration verified,
we have sms server and that sms server has web service and the web service work with soap,
can anyone do this for us and how much does cost it?
thanks,

I chip in on this subject by suggesting a joint paid customisation/add-on (costs 50/50 split) for SMS gateway support. I don't mean just that verification part, but rather you could also send notifications by SMS.

I personally need it to send notifications that a user has been assigned to a support thread (read: ticket). Contractors don't frequent the site, so they need to be requested. E-mail would be ok too, but SMS works better for many less techsawy. I've used SMSglobal myself for mass messaging, but any HTTP based gateway works fine. The taxonomy isn't that different between the service providers. SMSglobal has HTTP, REST, SOAP and SMPP available. For coders interested, check: http://www.smsglobal.com/apis/. Other providers have usually at least HTTP, so I think we should start with that.

I've also considered verifying user registrations by SMS, because there's a need for user credibility at the site I'm working on. So no, it's not a techkiddie thing, but serious business.

I chip in on this subject by suggesting a joint paid customisation/add-on (costs 50/50 split) for SMS gateway support. I don't mean just that verification part, but rather you could also send notifications by SMS.

I personally need it to send notifications that a user has been assigned to a support thread (read: ticket). Contractors don't frequent the site, so they need to be requested. E-mail would be ok too, but SMS works better for many less techsawy. I've used SMSglobal myself for mass messaging, but any HTTP based gateway works fine. The taxonomy isn't that different between the service providers. SMSglobal has HTTP, REST, SOAP and SMPP available. For coders interested, check: http://www.smsglobal.com/apis/. Other providers have usually at least HTTP, so I think we should start with that.

I've also considered verifying user registrations by SMS, because there's a need for user credibility at the site I'm working on. So no, it's not a techkiddie thing, but serious business.

If you are interested, start chat with us!!

Depending on the country you are texting / where you are texting from Twilio offers some fantastic prices and a really easy to use API with a pre-built PHP interface to tie in and use:
https://www.twilio.com

Except it's not for a XF 1.4.x and using that code requires the author to co-operate.

It's however a good start for someone making a proper SMS add-on for XenForo, which would fix two things: user authentication for registration or password recovery, there's plenty of good purposes especially for commercial forums, and SMS notifications. I would love to use XenForo for managing the SMS mass messaging, because that leaves me darn less work for updating records. New users and changed numbers must be maintained manually, if you use Clickatell, SMSglobal etc. With XenForo as a backend, you get the data from the user accounts and you don't need to pay for two way messaging. Numbers cost anything between 1-20$/month. Also users can at any time tick or untick the subscription box in their account settings. Would make things very easy for me or most likely for many others.

We've this add-on working with 1.4. But you're right. The author has not updated it for a long time.

Okay, good to know it works. I guess I'll have to try to contact him and see if he wants to do an update. I just dislike the idea of running possibly outdated code.

Top Bottom