• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid] Related topics or threads

MarcosPreviato

Hi I need a component list in the sidebar or below the topic, posts and similar topics, is there?

One could create it if so what value?

Hugs!

The problem with these add-ons is how you create them. What would you define as "related"? Similar titles? Keywords? Similar content? It's hard to create an algorithm that actually shows threads that are related (and not just ones that are related because they both have and in the title)

I'm not following. I just asked how you would expect this add-on to work, I didn't say it's not possible to make. Different people have different views on how a related threads add-on would work.

ah yes, my idea is for example below the posts will appear to have threads with similar content, or similar posts.

This would help greatly, users of the forum!

+1.
What I figure, if you can pick words from threads title, then search (titles only) it out by regular xf search option and then show at least five results at the bottom of the thread as " Similar Threads".
I am not a coder but I believe it will have an impact on a server load.

Hi I need a component list in the sidebar or below the topic, posts and similar topics, is there?
+1.
What I figure, if you can pick words from threads title, then search (titles only) it out by regular xf search option and then show at least five results at the bottom of the thread as " Similar Threads".
I am not a coder but I believe it will have an impact on a server load.

Xenforo has a new "Order by Relevance" search feature.
Maybe related topics would be relevant topics ?

Top Bottom