Can I use a forum or threads as the comment segment under a video / image

stanxf1

I am trying to create an image / video sharing platform and it is a standalone part of the website, while the forum is the second part of the website. What I want to do is have videos uploaded and then below users can comment but I want to know if a forum can be integrated in the page with the video content so that way the comment field is a forum. Is this possible?

Are you asking if a new thread can be created for each new image/video? Out of the box no, but possibly there's a plugin for that type of thing.

It seems you want to build your image/video sharing component separate from the forums. There is a Media Gallery official addon for XenForo which allows users to upload images and videos into albums, can be categorized and such. Users can then rate and comment on the media. It doesn't create a new thread for each image though, there might be a plugin that does that.

There is also a Resource Manager official addon which allows users to post content which can be rated and commented on, but can also have a new dedicated thread created automatically for it.

If you truly want a separate site from the forums for your purposes, any integrations would be very custom.

Top Bottom