1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on [PAID] Looking for Someone To Port a vBulletin 4 Addon To XenForo

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Gemma, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Gemma

Gemma Well-Known Member

Looking for someone to port a vBulletin 4 product to XenForo. This product allows registered members to use a third party service without having to create an account on it - the system will also be integrated with either AD Credits or all credits systems. This shouldn't be too difficult to do - if your are interested start a conversation with me and we'll discuss it more.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Porting another persons work to a platform which they didn't intend it to be used for would be theft on part of whoever did the work assuming they have not obtained consent from the original author. Rewriting an application from scratch is a different story.
  3. Gemma

Gemma Well-Known Member

I've already been in touch with the original developer :)
    Sheldon likes this.
  4. EQnoble

In that case it may help you to list the original addon in question in the OP.
  5. Gemma

Gemma Well-Known Member

Shouldn't really have to say what the original addon is until someone gets in touch with me...but here it is - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=295411

And here's what the original developer had to say about it

I should add that the vBulletin version used free tables, I want this to use rented (private) tables.

So, if anyone do this, get in touch
  6. EQnoble

I hear yah, but at the same time to a developer on the other side of the coin, they might not think it worth getting in touch without knowing even the general area of the job, like going to a job interview for an undisclosed job with no title where the employer says upfront is a simple job.

You don't have to say what the addon is publicly but you are more likely to get a response that will convert to action if you do and it is all that I was pointing out.

I personally just went to check this out and I do not know which poker system/api that addon uses (it's not listed in the description @ the link you posted) and I am no longer a licensed member at vbulletin so I can not d/l the addon to figure it out for myself.
  7. Gemma

Gemma Well-Known Member

I have a poker table running on my website but its no use linking that as you need to register to play and there are no physical files on my server. There is a free "showcase" of some of the games they offer - http://www.justforfunsoftware.com/lobby/lobby.asp?c=5 - but like I said before - I want this to be for private (rented) tables.