Add-on [PAID] Custom Registration Form and User Options Node Permissions

Dad.

Hey there!

Looking for someone to build me a custom registration form. Essentially, I want to just add a few fields that make sure they 'agree' to some terms before continuing with maybe a few fields as well. I also want to make the male/female option non-editable after registration, and only editable via ACP.

Second, I want user options to be used in node permissions. I want to limit male/females to have access to certain forums.

Third, I only want users to be able to use the private message system IF they have X posts OR are of a certain usergroup(s).

That is all, all three paid requests. PM me for skype details. Please have at least one add-on in the resource manager, and an ETA on each job. If you only want one or two of the three plugins, thats fine with me, Ill keep this open until all three have been accepted.

Thanks a lot!
Mike

You should be able to do the third one anyway using user group promotions and the standard permissions system.

You're right Jon, my fault.

Any ideas on the non-editable male/female settings and the male/female permissions? We want male only female only forums, will pay for the development of course.

You can do a user group promotion based on the value of the gender field and restrict access via secondary user groups.

You can do a user group promotion based on the value of the gender field and restrict access via secondary user groups.
Oh my. Its so simple. Thank you sir, I didn't know you could do this.

Now, I wouldn't need the resource Russ pointed out (although I already bought it), if there was a way to disable changing your gender some how as well. Can you think of a way?

Thanks again Jeremy.

I'm sure you can use a conditional and a template edit to hide the form inputs to lock them into a single gender.

Good thought, I considered that as well but wasn't sure. Would you recommend hiding in CSS, JS, or just a conditional?

Ill figure out exactly what the conditional is, but something like:

<xen:if is="{$userOptions.gender} != "male" || {$userOptions.gender} != "female">

.. form field for gender in preferences, unless this is in a loop ..

</xen:if>

Yes. Quick glance that looks correct, except you'll want an && and to use single quotes within the double quotes. I would include a xen:else and have hte else just be a hidden input field with their gender choice.

Yes. Quick glance that looks correct, except you'll want an && and to use single quotes within the double quotes. I would include a xen:else and have hte else just be a hidden input field with their gender choice.
Thanks, will do that, much appreciated.

Top Bottom