[PAID] Custom MMO Themes (1 dark, 1 light)

taylor_smith

Greetings! I would like to commission a talented designer to create two custom XenForo themes. Our 14-year-old network represents a number of MMOs, including fantasy MMORPGs, space MMOs, and first-person shooters. The current styling may be viewed here: http://vboards.stratics.com. As you can see, it is stuck in 1997. We need something new.

Regarding styling, the theme should be appropriate for a generic MMO site. I am not devoted to a particular color scheme, but we do not prefer extreme contrast (i.e., no lime green on pitch black, no hot pink on white). Something muted and professional is desired, as we frequently host game developers. Obviously, when a designer is selected, we can talk more about the specifics.

The two themes should be similar, but one should be a lighter variety and one should be darker. Both themes should be wide (not controlled), mainly because we have so many categories/forums. Additionally, forum categories should feature a different cog image for each game represented. Here are examples:

eveonline.gif
herosjourneybeta.gif
uostratics.jpg
centralexclusives.gif

We have existing cogs for most games, but we need to brainstorm about how to connote whether or not a forum has new posts. I have a high rez PSD of the cog, but it may be necessary for the designer to alter the PSD to give it the "gritty" feel that the cogs about feature.

I am tentatively offering $200 USD for completion of this project, though this is negotiable. Please send portfolios or concepts to me directly: syrus@stratics.com. Questions are also welcome, whether by email, conversation, or posted below.

Thank you for your assistance.

I don't think you'll find anyone who will do two themes for $200...

The starting cost for a style is generally around $500, and that is for only one style not two.

My research has indicated differently. However, if you would like to make a proposal, it will be given equal consideration. As noted above, the offering price is negotiable.

Regarding two themes, this may be a slightly misleading statement. The themes should mirror one another. Some changes to the color pallet should turn one theme into the other.

You "might" find someone to do what you are asking within your asking price range but I would be highly suspicious of anyone who says they can deliver a high quality coded design for that price...let alone two. As Forsaken mentioned above, most won't even consider a project of that scope for under $500 a design...but, best of luck to you in your search!

A conversation would be a more appropriate medium for this feedback, unless it is meant to discourage designers from bidding on the project.

Regardless, we currently have two bids. XenStyles makes great styles. If you would also like to make a bid, please see the instructions in the original post.

Sorry, it's certainly not my intent to discourage any prospects you might have or criticize you at all...just trying to give some guidance. :)

What I am looking for is something simple. I don't need custom buttons, breadcrums, user cards, etc. Just need a simple wide theme, recolored twice, a header, and some custom forum icons. Someone who is comfortable working with XF styles should be able to complete this project in a single afternoon, so I can't envision paying $500 for it. What am I not considering?

Top Bottom