1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style Paid - Custom Design for XenPorta Featured News

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by intradox, Oct 9, 2013.

1. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

I am looking for a good developer/designer who could help "upgrade" my homepage for news/articles.

I'm looking to mimic a common stylistic trend of a group of featured articles with their title, comments count, + featured image such as on these sites:

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.12.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.11.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.11.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.16.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.30.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.32.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.33.22 PM.png

Specific features:
    - full-width within site's container
    - thread title,
    - thread prefix or section
    - comment count
    -view count
    Optionally: author, date

I'm guessing it would be easiest to create an XenPorta block based on an existing featured news one but I'm unsure how full-width could be achieved.

I'm also looking for a redesign for RecentNews block to look more visual with a 3 column grid layout such as these examples
    Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.28.12 PM.png 3 columns, thumbnail, title, author, optionally show description/short text or don't show text.

Here is the current homepage: http://IndieGamers.com
    This is paid so let me know cost and time required.

Attached Files:

2. Blatchy

Blatchy Active Member

Any takers on this? Because I am looking for the same.
  3. Blatchy

Blatchy Active Member

willing to pay good money for a reliable designer who can achieve the above.
  4. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

I kinda achieved something like this on http://indiegamers.com/portal/
    Aayush, Andy.N and 3rd AnGle like this.
  5. Blatchy

Blatchy Active Member

thats pretty cool. would you care to share who didi it or can I slide some coin your way and use it?
  6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

7. Blatchy

Blatchy Active Member

what about the top half?
  8. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Seems pretty easy to achieve! But the indie gamer site looks broken on my computer.
  9. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Is that with the released version of the WF? Care to explain how you did that? I know you were trialling/testing an unreleased portal solution that xfrocks was working on. Really looking forward to that.
    TeflonDon likes this.