Other [Paid] Bridge of sorts

Clay Culver

Hi,

I would like to be able to do the following with non-xF pages

• Login/Logout
  • Use the xF permission system to protect pages
  • Be able display thread title, author, date of post along with a few lines of a post then be able to click a "read more" link that would take you to the actual thread. Think a news type of page where it pulls the information from a specific node/forum.
Ideally having it setup so I can just do something like
Code:
<?php
require_once('news_connector.php');
?>
/* html stuff */
/* while loop to display posts */
/* end html stuff */
I am able to code the other stuff, but am still trying to come to terms with how xF does things. Not to mention the last time I did any PHP/MySQL stuff was just after PHP4 came out and MySQL was still at version 3.x lol. So I am having to relearn a lot of stuff (man has stuff changed!).

Price is to be negotiated and have no problems with what some would think is a high price, as I know good coding is not cheap. Along with the fact I did do this for my site back when it was running phpBB back in the day and know it took a fair amount of work to get it working properly.

I am also not looking for this to be an add-on, mainly because I would like to be able to use this for xF 2.x without requiring a major re-write. I can provide access to a development board and web access if required.

Clay

Last edited:
Top Bottom