1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other [Paid] Bridge of sorts

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Clay Culver, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

Hi,

I would like to be able to do the following with non-xF pages

• Login/Logout
    • Use the xF permission system to protect pages
    • Be able display thread title, author, date of post along with a few lines of a post then be able to click a "read more" link that would take you to the actual thread. Think a news type of page where it pulls the information from a specific node/forum.
    Ideally having it setup so I can just do something like
    Code:
    <?php
    require_once('news_connector.php');
    ?>
    /* html stuff */
    /* while loop to display posts */
    /* end html stuff */

I am able to code the other stuff, but am still trying to come to terms with how xF does things. Not to mention the last time I did any PHP/MySQL stuff was just after PHP4 came out and MySQL was still at version 3.x lol. So I am having to relearn a lot of stuff (man has stuff changed!).

Price is to be negotiated and have no problems with what some would think is a high price, as I know good coding is not cheap. Along with the fact I did do this for my site back when it was running phpBB back in the day and know it took a fair amount of work to get it working properly.

I am also not looking for this to be an add-on, mainly because I would like to be able to use this for xF 2.x without requiring a major re-write. I can provide access to a development board and web access if required.

Clay

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014