[Paid] "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Michael Murguia

Hello, Help!

I am looking for someone to work with who can help me trouble shoot a forum issue. After a hack, I restored the forum directory, but the forums still do not connect to the database.

If you are available tonight, send me a message please!

Thank you,

Michael

Your license has active support so it is something we might be able to initially help with via ticket support or a troubleshooting thread. If you create a ticket include login details for your Admin CP and database access too if possible.

I'm feeling quite hopeless, and I don't give up easy. I've been submitting tickets all day and it is not a very good solution to solving problems so far. I'll try.

You haven't submitted any tickets to us. There are of course some things we can't totally help with, such as if the issue is caused by custom code or a customisation, but we can at least find out what the problem is and if we can't fix it ourselves, point you in the right direction. You can create a ticket from your Customer Area.

I should have been more clear. I did not mean tickets to xenforo. I meant to others to try to resolve this. It's been a ticket day. I found out the id column in the users table has been dropped. That was a hack. I don't think you can help me.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore from?

One which was taken just prior to the column being dropped?

That would be the quickest and easiest way to resolve it.

Any content created since the backup was taken will be lost though, should you restore from it.

Thanks. I might just get someone to insert that column into the database and see if that does it. Should that work?

In your previous post you mention an id column, was that the user_id column? If yes, then inserting that column will not fix the issue. I think that the best way is to restore a backup as advised above.

OK, I am in the process of getting this resolved. I inserted the id column (with values) and it is working. i have a couple small issues (I hope they are small). One of which is:

Clicking on a member name in the "Members Online Now" widget generates a Javascript error message. I'm working with a developer tomorrow. Anyone have an idea in the meantime?

M

search the forums here for people who have restored their xenforo installs.

-- Rebuild Caches --
To rebuild it, click on the Tools tab and then the Rebuild Caches icon. Depending on the number of posts and quantity of data, this could take a long time.

Doubt it will help mind you :)

unfortunately just this:

The following error occurred
The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

I don't have a java script console :/

Hi all, thanks for the help so far.

I rebuilt caches, did a clean install of Xenforo, and confirmed the file health check. There are a few areas of the forums where clicking on a user profile does not properly pop up the user info display card. The Java error I get is:

Code:
<div class="baseHtml"><h4>Template Errors: member_card</h4><ol>
    <li><i>Invalid argument supplied for foreach()</i> in /home/overlan7/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 99: <pre>98:     ';
99: foreach ($user['favoriteBadges'] AS $favoriteBadge)
100: {
</pre></li>
</ol></div>

Thanks for any input!

M

That would appear to be an error with an add-on - something related to 'favorite badge'.

The developer should be able to help with that.

Top Bottom