1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pages to nav bar

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Gabby, May 6, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Urgg. So sorry to ask but how do I add pages to the main nav bar? I'm sure I'm overlooking something. Getting used to the node deal. LOL :p

Gabby

2. Floris

Floris Guest

You can do a few things.

You could manually edit the navigation template, and add your own tabs.
    Or you could use a plugin to add your own tabs to the navbar.
    I made a plugin that quickly lets you add tabs without having to customize the navigation or know any xenforo template code; http://xenfans.com/threads/xenfans-com-extra-tabs.1435/ I could give you a login to my site if you're interested.

In the above situations by default any node page loaded keeps the Forum tab highlighted.

Jake has a solution where pages because tabs, and they remain highlighted.
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

I hope one of these is what you're looking for.

Gabby likes this.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Yes this is what I'm looking for. Yes I woud love a login to your site if possible.

4. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

ok last question for now. LOL So sorry. After creating a page, where do I find it to add content? Thanks

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Do you know HTML ?

6. Floris

Floris Guest

edit the node, and click on tab page options. There's a template html there, you can use html in there and your text.

7. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Ok yes I see that now. What a douchebag I am today. Sorry. And thanks again.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Dont' worry about it. It's a learning process and if the support team doesn't answer, there's a huge community here that can help. Everybody is new at this at some point, and those who learned a bit are helping others with the same questions.

9. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. In a matter of a few hours, I've pretty much figured out XF, vs VBully, about a year to feel comfortable.

TheVisitors likes this.