Fixed  Pagenav can't can't 100+ pages, 1000+ looks worse

Cezz

The pagenav is fixed width for what I can and from a discussion in IRC to make the fancy navigation work well, but once you get to 100+ pages the numbers start to look cramped and at 1000+ pages the numbers leave the box...

See screenshot

Screenshot-xenForo-Pagenav1000pages.png

This is a known issue, and it's acting as deliberately designed. So the js cycling between pages works without jumping around.

This is a known issue, and it's acting as deliberately designed. So the js cycling between pages works without jumping around.

Though I can see how it is designed, it still needs to be fixed as the pagenav is used everywhere who about on forum pages were there can be 15k-20k pages of threads?? Flexable length wouldn't work because of how the js cycling works but fixed also won't work so this is something that needs further consideration and maybe some php side calculations on how wide those area's should really be.

The 'long thread' only has 75 pages at the moment, at least that is all I can see. Are those mock ups?
Yeah, for a second I was like, wow, a thousand pages, you guys really went to town! :P

Anyways, I would think this would be fixable using some extra JavaScript logic to control the animation based on the width of the boxes, but I could be wrong. Honestly, I've never seen a 1000-page thread in my life, so I don't know if this is much of an issue. :)

Yeah, for a second I was like, wow, a thousand pages, you guys really went to town! :p

Anyways, I would think this would be fixable using some extra JavaScript logic to control the animation based on the width of the boxes, but I could be wrong. Honestly, I've never seen a 1000-page thread in my life, so I don't know if this is much of an issue. :)

You will get a forum with a 1000 pages though, some larger sites have forums with 15k+ pages so this is an issue...

The 'long thread' only has 75 pages at the moment, at least that is all I can see. Are those mock ups?

Just editing the html via an inspector, no need to mock up anything.

And are you sure it would also fail to work here, maybe they have coded it in a way that it shows a different image when the number is over 999?
Manipulating the image via an inspector would have the same effect as if there was actually 1000 pages (generally, anyway).

Still, it's something to think about even if it isn't entirely accurate.

It does (now ;))
You need a couple of pixels of padding on the right, I could show you a screen shot if you want.

I thought the navigation method would change slightly when it reached 100 pages, it still slides 5 pages at a time.

Top Bottom