Page Optimization - Leverage Browser Caching

Ryan Kent

I am using FF Page Speed analysis and I have a red flag for Leverage Browser Caching. I thoroughly read the Google page on the subject and have some understanding of how the process works.

I read numerous articles on the subject today. Many of the articles are 4yrs + old. The current articles have conflicting views from "experts".

For example, a few authors recommended turning off both Last Modified and ETags thereby eliminating those request and boosting performance. The problem then is you are relying on your Expires date and if you make a change sooner you will have a user who needs to manually clear cache to receive updates.

Basically what I would like to know is...does XF have a recommended setup to Leverage Browser Caching to optimize our site's performance. If not, what setup is used for this site?

XenForo is optimised for the default cache settings of the most common browsers. Nothing else makes sense.

I am good with that answer. I just want to be certain before I let this issue go. I am running Page Speed and it shows an issue (below image). If your expertise says all is great, I'll go with whatever you say and disregard Page Speed.

XFoptimize.webp

Top Bottom