[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

How are you cheated out of money?
Some people are not going to view Nulumia selling/giving over his products to you as properly taking accountability or responsibility, even though it is the best-case scenario given how things had developed, and the loss of trust towards the end.

Because it is not the first time over the years that Nulumia disappoints you. I also had other things for other forums at Nulumia. I'm going next week at the lake again with detector to get gold ring and buy at @Ozzy47 SEO :)

Because it is not the first time over the years that Nulumia disappoints you. I also had other things for other forums at Nulumia. I'm going next week at the lake again with detector to get gold ring and buy at @Ozzy47 SEO :)
Nulumia is no longer involved with these add-ons as far as I know, and if he is it is likely for the transitionary period or for helping with design choices he made. Even if he was retained as a developer for these add-ons... He is then still developing the add-ons behind the scenes, which is what people signed on for him to do.

It sucks that he went quiet, it sucks that the add-ons were not in a state to be usable (though again, if you're installing alpha/beta/RC add-ons you're playing Russian roulette with your community)... But I do not know of anyone he outright scammed, cheated or hurt to the extent that there should be any actual grudges.

Nulumia at least did the right thing by finding someone else to take over maintaining the add-ons, and the person he chose is changing to a life-time license, rather than a renewed license. More often than not the add-ons would have just been abandoned, or he could have just maintained enough activity to make it seem as if the add-ons are viable (as several other devs here do).

Nulumia at least did the right thing by finding someone else to take over maintaining the add-ons, and the person he chose is changing to a life-time license, rather than a renewed license. More often than not the add-ons would have just been abandoned, or he could have just maintained enough activity to make it seem as if the add-ons are viable (as several other devs here do).

Moving to a flat-rate lifetime fee may seem like a good move on the surface, but this also concerns me. Without the incentive of recurring income in the future many add-ons are slow to receive fixes and/or get additional enhancements - many just become stagnant. Such a powerful add-on as this could easily break a site on each XenForo update if not maintained. I'd rather pay yearly and know there is strong support for it going into the future, especially from a author like @Ozzy47 who already has hundreds of other add-ons to maintain.

Nothing is built to last, if you aren't willing to pay for it to be maintained it most likely won't be - time is money, no one works for free.

It sucks that he went quiet, it sucks that the add-ons were not in a state to be usable (though again, if you're installing alpha/beta/RC add-ons you're playing Russian roulette with your community)... But I do not know of anyone he outright scammed, cheated or hurt to the extent that there should be any actual grudges.
My experience was not only related to SEO. But that does not matter now. He likes to dive sometimes. But now it's getting better.

Moving to a flat-rate lifetime fee may seem like a good move on the surface, but this also concerns me. Without the incentive of recurring income in the future many add-ons are slow to receive fixes and/or get additional enhancements - many just become stagnant. Such a powerful add-on as this could easily break a site on each XenForo update if not maintained. I'd rather pay yearly and know there is strong support for it going into the future, especially from a author like @Ozzy47 who already has hundreds of other add-ons to maintain.

Nothing is built to last, if you aren't willing to pay for it to be maintained it most likely won't be - time is money, no one works for free.
Ozzy has a fairly decent track record for keeping things maintained and updated; he is also very open to feature requests (especially if people actually offer to finance or donate for them). His teams communication is also solid enough that it shouldn't really be a concern.

If you do not trust the developer, do not buy the add-on. If you buy an add-on, expect to buy it as is. The only exception is when a developer leads people on with promises and then never delivers 🙃, as they are then purposely being misleading.

If you do not trust the developer, do not buy the add-on.

It is not trust that is the issue. I trust OzzModz and have used both his free and paid add-ons for over 10 years on multiple platforms.

If you buy an add-on, expect to buy it as is.

I would say this is true for most add-ons, but this is inherently dangerous with an SEO add-on. An SEO add-on, by its' nature, causes search engines to change how pages on your site are indexed.

If for some possibly unforeseen reason this add-on becomes unusable in the future it can cause many of your site's indexed pages to lose their search position and be re-indexed as if the pages had never existed before. I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times with different forum SEO add-ons over the years. I personally had it happen to one of my sites about 8 years ago (look up the add-on vBSEO). A site with tons of great search engine position and years of history were lost nearly overnight when the author of the SEO add-on decided to no longer support it. Then in short time crucial forum updates were required to patch security issues which rendered the latest version of the vBSEO add-on both incompatible and unsecure.

No one should create, sell, or install an SEO add-on that is "as is". Most forum sites rely heavily on search engine traffic, without it many sites would go quite silent. You should be selective and cautious with installing any add-on, and with an SEO add-on you should be 100 times more cautious.

I trust OzzModz, but there is a reason every piece of major software out there has gone to a recurring monthly/yearly payment requirements - it is sustainable.

It is not trust that is the issue. I trust OzzModz and have used both his free and paid add-ons for over 10 years on multiple platforms.

I would say this is true for most add-ons, but this is inherently dangerous with an SEO add-on. An SEO add-on, by its' nature, causes search engines to change how pages on your site are indexed.

If for some possibly unforeseen reason this add-on becomes unusable in the future it can cause many of your site's indexed pages to lose their search position and be re-indexed as if the pages had never existed before. I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times with different forum SEO add-ons over the years. I personally had it happen to one of my sites about 8 years ago (look up the add-on vBSEO). A site with tons of great search engine position and years of history were lost nearly overnight when the author of the SEO add-on decided to no longer support it. Then in short time crucial forum updates were required to patch security issues which rendered the latest version of the vBSEO add-on both incompatible and unsecure.

No one should create, sell, or install an SEO add-on that is "as is". Most forum sites rely heavily on search engine traffic, without it many sites would go quite silent. You should be selective and cautious with installing any add-on, and with an SEO add-on you should be 100 times more cautious.

I trust OzzModz, but there is a reason every piece of major software out there has gone to a recurring monthly/yearly payment requirements - it is sustainable.
Almost all licenses for software or services are going to include an as is clause. You do not buy anything for future expected features, you buy it because it meets your criteria (or possibly because you have trust in the developer), and knowingly take a risk if the developer drops the product. Even with developers I trust, or personal friends I do not have expectations of more than what is offered, or what they say is being done.

This is not comparable to vBSEO, as XenForo already does most of the SEO a forum needs. Most of this add-on was tweaks and some tools, and likely would only be a moderate optimization. Without a full case study and A/B multivariate testing you cannot know how much impact this add-on would have; very likely though it would not be a silver bullet and removing the add-on likely would not impact your page rank much (at least as the add-on is now).

Sad reality is that forum resources are not sustainable in the first place; most profit is made with custom development.

Almost all licenses for software or services are going to include an as is clause. You do not buy anything for future expected features, you buy it because it meets your criteria (or possibly because you have trust in the developer), and knowingly take a risk if the developer drops the product. Even with developers I trust, or personal friends I do not have expectations of more than what is offered, or what they say is being done.

This is not comparable to vBSEO, as XenForo already does most of the SEO a forum needs. Most of this add-on was tweaks and some tools, and likely would only be a moderate optimization. Without a full case study and A/B multivariate testing you cannot know how much impact this add-on would have; very likely though it would not be a silver bullet and removing the add-on likely would not impact your page rank much (at least as the add-on is now).

Sad reality is that forum resources are not sustainable in the first place; most profit is made with custom development.
You are not by any chance the lawyer of a user with a bad conscience?
I also bought the license again today. Discovery Chanel said but next time watch out better.

0815.webp

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools for XenForo 2.2+ Update 1.0.6 Release Candidate 2

SEO & Index Tools
Version: 1.0.6 Release Candidate 2

Changelog
  • Fixed several user reported errors
  • Further PHP8 compatibility tuning
  • Added improved compatibility for /View/ class extensions when other addons extend those same classes
  • Improved compatibility with several third-party styles regarding the breadcrumb
  • Improved compatibility with DBTech Usertagging which could cause a bug when using AMPXF
  • Added several compatibility improvements with AMPXF...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom