• EA3D168C-3424-4268-9196-B462C5F6D6D2.webp
    EA3D168C-3424-4268-9196-B462C5F6D6D2.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
  • F3374A5D-9E69-4C27-8DCE-D3D2718F0F1E.webp
    F3374A5D-9E69-4C27-8DCE-D3D2718F0F1E.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 29
nulumia_seo_google_snippet_peview_macros
Fixed now
Everything installed great with no errors, I have a few of bob's apps should I be concerned about anything for now as they are not supported as of yet?
Bob's addons are pretty substantial, right now AMS is the building point and will be implementing his other addons very quickly!
Report some minor bugs (noting importente).
Fixed in new patch
I just had this one pop up if I try to make a change in any node.
Fixed
Error when i try to edit Nodo info.
Fixed
This is a lot of errors for an add-on tested for 1 year...
Are these problems due to third-party add-ons installed ?
This addon has been being run and developed on two sites, one of them very large with a lot of traffic with, yes, no issues. However, due to the sheer size and complexity of this addon, there's going to be issues on other websites with different configurations, addons, custom templates and systems etc.

SEO & Index Tools has already gone through a private 10-customer alpha, and now this public beta is the next iteration. It won't be able to reach perfection without discovering issues on various setups, thus the 50% price for current adopters (Final price will be $70-80)

Nice! Thats quite cheap. vbSEO was $250.

I noticed this as well. There once was a SEO addon for vbulletin called NuSEO that had a very similar approach. @Nulumia do you remember that one?
I used vBSEO a long time ago, but didn't hear about NuSEO!

ACP is full of this error:
Just nabbed this, including in the incoming patch.

Hey everyone this is actually much more error reporting than I expected with the first wave of public beta. I will definitely admit that and apologize considering how long this has been running for private clients. However please know these will be knocked out as fast as possible! I'm committed to this being the best SEO addon for Xenforo.

Hey everyone this is actually much more error reporting than I expected with the first wave of public beta. I will definitely admit that and apologize considering how long this has been running for private clients. However please know these will be knocked out as fast as possible! I'm committed to this being the best SEO addon for Xenforo.

No worries, this is to be expected in a beta and an addon of this size.

Everything installed great with no errors, I have a few of bob's apps should I be concerned about anything for now as they are not supported as of yet?

View attachment 262761
The Recommendations page is going to be completely replaced. Entire new UI, "First Steps" notices which will prompt a rough tour of settings after install, recommendations will be grouped into "light" notifications, important notifications, and then critical. With dozens of new recommendations added.

As for everyone asking about the robots.txt area, I am looking to add a scanner in a future release which will inform you of potentially harmful entries or mistakes which could block valuable content, and verify that they're intentional entries.

I used vBSEO a long time ago, but didn't hear about NuSEO!

Just nabbed this, including in the incoming patch.

There is this when creating a new article using bobs AMS too:

ArticleError.webp

Any compatibility with Bobs addons, AMS / Showcase? And NixFifty Addons such as calendar? Looking forward to invest but these would be great!
Think you may have missed this. Would be great to hear your input. Thanks for taking the time :)

Suggestion as to what I should include in my robots.txt file?

Here is what I use. Just be sure to adjust your installation directory location/name if different. The Mediapartners-Google section is to allow Google Adsense access to everything. If you are not running Google Adsense Ads on your site then these two lines are not needed. You will also see I disallow /members/ since I don't want member's pages indexed. Remove this line if you do.

Code:
Sitemap: https://www.xyz.com/community/sitemap.xml

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
Disallow:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /community/admin.php
Disallow: /community/account/
Disallow: /community/attachments/
Disallow: /community/goto/
Disallow: /community/login/
Disallow: /community/members/
Disallow: /community/posts/
Disallow: /community/register/
Disallow: /community/search/
Disallow: /community/whats-new/
That is a good setup if you want to block those sections.

A few tips (this goes into what I ran into as the "educational mode" after releasing my XFOptimize addon 😰, and will have to find a way to explain these sort of things in a wiki):

If you've used things like rel=nofollow or robots.txt to discourage access to pages from search engines, those pages shouldn't likely be included in the search index, but it isn't a good or sure-proof method as some engines ignore them or may discover the content through other means.

If you want to remove pages from search engines, you rather need to implement the robots="noindex" directive, and then let search engines access those pages for up to a few weeks to months. This is because if you noindex those pages but prevent access to them, Google or Bing for example will never see the noindex tag and will simply keep those pages in the index.

If you've already blocked access via rel=nofollow or robots, but you can confirm those pages are still leaking into search engines, do the following:
  1. Remove nofollow or robots blocking
  2. Add the robots="noindex" directive using this addon to those pages
  3. Confirm on the front-end by inspecting HTML that the tag is present
  4. Wait or request crawling of those pages
  5. Review in something like Bing Webmaster Tools or Google Search Console that they have discovered the noindex tag
  6. Submit a content/URL removal request if needed (sometimes search engines will be very quick to remove on their own, sometimes slowly)
  7. After confirmation, add nofollow or robots blocking again.
The ideal combination as stated by Yoast, Moz and others, is the combination of Noindex, nofollow, and robots blocking together. The trick is simply to ensure first that search engines have at least once discovered the "noindex" tag.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug which could cause an error "Macro argument titleUrl is required and no value was provided"
  • Fixed a bug for missing image on SEO -> Links page
  • Fixed missing SEO -> Overview page header layout. The header should now correctly display with an animated title
  • Fixed missing image errors on SEO -> Overview page
  • Fixed incorrect labels on Index Management page
  • Fixed an error "Unknown column 'node_noindex' in 'field list'"
  • Fixed an error "UPDATE...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A few "Did you know?" entries while I'm working towards the full wiki:

1. You can edit the SEO meta title & description for individual threads, by editing the first post of any thread and expanding the "SEO" form block below the editor. I used this recently on a client site to considerably boost ranking threads by tweaking the meta tags for ranking keywords and phrases.

2. You can edit the SEO meta title & description of the main overview listing/home of DragonByte Tech eCommerce, XFMG, XFRM, XR Product Manager etc, by visiting the Admin -> Options page for those sections. This works the same as when editing nodes or categories.

An update on @Bob's addons:
AMS is currently being used as the foundation for extending all core systems from this addon. Once that is complete, they will be extended out quickly into his Blog and others. It is very important here to get the foundation right as it will then be very fast & efficient to port to the rest.

Code:
ErrorException: Batch install error: xf_xa_ams_article: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: table
src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Install/Upgrade1000533Trait.php:35

#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Install/Upgrade1000533Trait.php(35): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 35, Array)
#1 src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php(147): Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->Nulumia\SeoTools\Install\{closure}(Object(XF\Db\Schema\Alter))
#2 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Install/Upgrade1000533Trait.php(36): XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable('xf_xa_ams_artic...', Object(Closure))
#3 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(124): Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->upgrade1000533Step1(Array)
#4 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(73): Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->upgradeStepRunner(1000533, 1, Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(299): Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->upgrade(Array)
#6 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(91): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepAction(Object(XF\Timer))
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(8)
#8 src/addons/Hampel/JobRunner/XF/Job/Manager.php(87): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): Hampel\JobRunner\XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#10 src/addons/Hampel/JobRunner/XF/Job/Manager.php(80): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(118): Hampel\JobRunner\XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#12 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(122): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#19 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#20 {main}

Getting this error when updating from Beta 1; fresh install was fine on another site.

Top Bottom