[OzzModz] Post As User

[OzzModz] Post As User [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Does this mod essentially allow an admin to manage a group of sock accounts?

How do conversations work when posting as an existing user (sock account)? I log in to the forum with my admin account, initiate a PM as an existing user (sock account) with another forum member and the PM is actually stored/viewed within my admin account? What if a forum member initiates a PM with one of my sock accounts? I assume I would need to log in with the sock account to see it?

Is this add-on supposed to be used by moderators? I want to let certain groups of users to use it so that they can optionally post/reply as another fake username or a real username but it's not clickable/linked to the real user/not showing any info including avatar as the real user so people might think it really that user. The main purpose is to let them post anonymously.
I mean I want to let users to use any names in their mind when creating the message, not to choose from a list of predfined names, and these fake usernames do not show any links to user profiles as they don't really exist in the system. Even if the fake username do match a real user in the forum, no links will be used to the profile, avatar of the real user will not be used because this fake username do not have any relationship with the real user.
The add-on was intended as a tool for moderators and administrators
You can give "Post as non-existing user" permission to post as a guest with any free name, but it will also require "Post as user" permission and the chosen name shouldn't be registered. Also, not all types of content allow you to post as a guest (like conversations)

I'll check if it's possible to revise the current add-on logic to make your use case work.

Does this mod essentially allow an admin to manage a group of sock accounts?
Didn't quite understand what it was about - but if you meant to filter a group of users that can be used as "posted as" - there is no group filter in the current version

How do conversations work when posting as an existing user (sock account)? I log in to the forum with my admin account, initiate a PM as an existing user (sock account) with another forum member and the PM is actually stored/viewed within my admin account? What if a forum member initiates a PM with one of my sock accounts? I assume I would need to log in with the sock account to see it?
Currently you can only view if you check "Add me as recipient" box

Actually, It should not be a problem to add the ability to view the conversations created by you as another user
Added to TODO list

The add-on was intended as a tool for moderators and administrators

Thanks for clarification. I bought the wrong add-on then. I guess no refund is possible. But it's alright.

I've bought another add-on [tl] Anonymous posting that serves my purpose.

... Didn't quite understand what it was about ...

As a forum administrator, it's trivial to create a dummy (sock) account that I can use to create posts on the forum. I can create several dummy accounts easily. But to use them (ie. post messages in threads), I need to constantly log out and log in when I switch between accounts. This mod appears to solve the logging in/logging out hassle for using/managing sock/dummy accounts, but it's not clear (to me) how PMs work with this mod.

It sounds like I could log in with my admin account and create PM from one of my sock accounts to another forum member. If I did that, would I be able to continue having a PM conversation with the forum member from my admin account (posing as my sock account)? If a member created a PM conversation with one of the sock accounts, I assume I would not be able to see it while logged in to my admin account. I would need to log in to the sock account to see it, correct?

But to use them, I need to constantly log out and log in when I switch between accounts.
Create multiple Chrome profiles and you can log in to as many accounts as you wish simultaneously.

Reactions: cwe
Real-world example. Installed:
Post as user, RM, Thread Tweaks

Logged in as admin, add rm as user_x
RM = owner user_x;
Auto-thread = owner admin
No auto-thread plus manual add thread => owner user_x

Conclusion: I don't know how to add a resource and get an auto-thread with the same (not logged-in) user.

Login as Admin, write PC as User Test.
Can check/uncheck "add my as recipient".
If I dont check, i get error message "cant find conversation".

No error message in acp.

Login as Admin, write PC as User Test.
Can check/uncheck "add my as recipient".
If I dont check, i get error message "cant find conversation".

No error message in acp.
Enable the "Show posted as user conversations in user mailbox" option to see these conversations without participating in them

Please try:
Add normal users A and B.
Login as Admin
Write as A to B, dont check checkbox "Add me as recipent"

Result => Ooops, page not found.

The result page would be which page? The page with the post!
And it is normal that the page with the post from A to B cant be seen be admin!

It is no error, it is the normal behavior of XF.
But it should not be the result of this action!

Please try it.

I don't know how to solve; maybe with a page like: The message from A is sent to B to make me know that the message is sent.

Now I see your answer above. I have installed 2.1.1 Patch Level 1, but there is no permission like:

Show posted as user conversations in user mailbox

and there is also no option like this.

User blacklist
Use as whitelist
Save last user
Show "As thread starter"
Results on page

Enable the "Show posted as user conversations in user mailbox" option to see these conversations without participating in them.
I dont have this option.

In the form for sending is no option.

This option is maybe somewhere else?

Version installed = latest version.
firefox_qP6D2pwsCC.webp

I am online as Admin, i write my posts as Username.
When i view the page newest posts Admin can see for a fewer threads his Avatar and the message: you have x posts in this thread.
How this can be happen? I have checked all posts in a thread, they are all owned by Username.

Top Bottom