[OzzModz] Post As User

[OzzModz] Post As User [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Maybe it was my old version, i have updated now, and will test it.
But there are errors, when I use an addon from AndyB to talk to a user about a post.
When I try to send it (and have Admin as user set, while I am user Admin), then I get an error because of a duplicate key.
When it is happen again, I will try to reproduce it.

I have issues with that "As thread starter";
this is no bad idea, if needed, but it disturbs my workflow.

Sometimes it is checked, then i cant send.

For me it would be the best to have an option to dont show it.
Or at least a template modifiction to switch off?

After the last update, the add-on is really annoying me. It disturbs my workflow massive.
Very often I have to click or click away an error.
Why there are checkboxes for thread starter and someone else?
Should be a radio!

This "thread starter" must be hidden at all (in my special case);

And there are problems with conversation; so I will not use it there at all.

And there are problems with conversation; so I will not use it there at all.
Just take away the permission:

1673004753550.webp

After the last update, the add-on is really annoying me. It disturbs my workflow massive.
Very often I have to click or click away an error.
Should be fixed in next update. And added option to hide this checkbox.

Why there are checkboxes for thread starter and someone else?
Should be a radio!

Yes, that's a good idea. Added to TODO list.

There are now identfiers with pb only and some with ozzmoz; here is says

pb_pau_ozzmodz_xfrmuc_macros
cant find template ozzmodz_xfrmuc_macros

yes, there is no ozzmodz_xfrmuc_macros

Means I cant use it for the rm.

why not enable this feature in the official website so we can test it...?
Some add-ons have fairly obvious functionality, to understand which you just need to look at the description, which is why developers do not install a demo for every small add-on :)

Some add-ons have fairly obvious functionality, to understand which you just need to look at the description, which is why developers do not install a demo for every small add-on :)

A very important feature: does it remember whether to use another name for the creating new post or replies? I mean both the option and the name.

1. You add usernames to options
2. You choose a name from a list
3. You decide if you want to save this user; then it will be automatically set until you uncheck this feature again.

If you use this function very frequently, you will make mistakes, forgetting to check or forgetting to uncheck.
But until now, I don't have a better solution than this one.

I would like to get rid of the option "like thread starter" with an option not to show it, but I can do it for my own.
I still have no function for the RM, I will check it soon, probably there is a problem with another add-on and the template_mod.

So I bought this add-on.

Questions:

Is this add-on supposed to be used by moderators? I want to let certain groups of users to use it so that they can optionally post/reply as another fake username or a real username but it's not clickable/linked to the real user/not showing any info including avatar as the real user so people might think it really that user. The main purpose is to let them post anonymously. I don't need the option "As thread starter".

Is this possible?

2023-03-10_17-55-04.jpg

I have not tried, but if you give the permission to use it user group users and add a user with name anonymous and put this user to the selection, than everyone should be able post as user anonymous.

The question is: do you want to have this? Or do you want to have posts by users, but without showing their names?

I want users to post, optionally, in certain nodes, with fake usernames. e.g. I can create a new post with username anonA, reply with anonB and anonC, etc. I can use any fake username I like, not limited to use one particular fake name throughout the thread. I can use my real username of course.

No problem, then you add a, b, c to the selection in options and set permission to a usergroup.

I mean I want to let users to use any names in their mind when creating the message, not to choose from a list of predfined names, and these fake usernames do not show any links to user profiles as they don't really exist in the system. Even if the fake username do match a real user in the forum, no links will be used to the profile, avatar of the real user will not be used because this fake username do not have any relationship with the real user.

Currently, this add-on seems to be only useful for admin/moderators who have the right to post with other usernames. It makes no sense to let normal user to post as another real user, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom