[OzzModz] Forum Index Tweak

[OzzModz] Forum Index Tweak 2.3.0

No permission to download
Sorry, maybe i have used the wrong words.
From 1024 and above there is enough space to use.

So it would be nice to have something like

@media only all and (min-width:1025px) {
width_of_last_block: {x}px
}

@media only all and (min-width:1100px) {
width_of_last_block: {x}px
}

I can do this for my own, but some people maybe would be happy about a second or third break-point to use the space you have without the number of threads/posts.

In my xf1 i have deleted this cols also, and then i have around six or seven breakpoints to use the space as much as possible for the title of the last thread.

I have version 2.0.3 of this Forum Tweak add-on running with Xenforo 2.1.1. Can I leave it active during the one-click update to XF 2.1.2? Is there a recommended way to handle add-ons when updating XF 2?

The recommended way would be to first test the upgrade on a test forum which should be the most recent copy of your production forum.
Then you will see if any errors or other unexpected things happen.
Regarding this add-on, it shouldn't be a problem to use the one-click update.

I am not so happy with the addon now.
You cant set the value for width of node-extra to zero to dont use it at all.
The value for this needs to have at least two or more breakpoints, not only one.
It would be better to have two or three sets of values, i think:
width for breakpoint => value for width

Now i will find the source to add an if 0, then dont use it, maybe this should be added by default.

If the forum_list has a sidebar and the second level of forums has no sidebar,
then one value is to less for both.

Here is an example that fits for me (there are more breakpoints)

@media only all and (min-width:1024px) {

// no sidebar here
.node-extra {
width:500px;
}
// with sidebar
.template-forum_list .node-extra {
width: 380px;
}
}

What do you thing about another option to change the position of stats and extra?
For me this makes sense, i read from left to right

Forum > Last Titel > Stats

The Stats are a part of forum and has their place at the second row, but a reader will jump always to the title, i guess.

thank you very much for this am starting a new website and this could come in helpful with the entire look and feel to me the site at the moment is not feeling right but this could possibly solve the issue so thank you for uploading and sharing :D

Finally i understand that we have forgotten a better way. Just to bringt the stats beneath the forum title like it is done in respnsive view. Saves space for longer thread titles, but still shows the information.

Mr. Jinx updated Forum Index Tweak with a new update entry:

Discontinued

Announcement: I'm no longer able to maintain this (free) add-on.
The reason for this is that I have other priorities and providing these kind of add-ons no longer fits.

The resource will be available for download until the 1st of September.
If you are a developer and want to take over and continue this add-on, please contact me.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom