[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
@Ozzy47 Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of GeoIp2\Model\City::__isset($attr) must be compatible with GeoIp2\Model\AbstractModel::__isset(string $attr): bool src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Vendor/MaxMind/geoip2/geoip2/src/Model/City.php:116

Generated by: Tanzu Nov 2, 2022 at 4:12 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(11) "/whats-new/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

It seems that Ads Manager Lite add-on using a very old geoip2 library version to support XF < 2.1 and PHP < 7.2.

Contact Siropu and have him update to a newer version.

It seems that Ads Manager Lite add-on using a very old geoip2 library version to support XF < 2.1 and PHP < 7.2.

Contact Siropu and have him update to a newer version.
FYI, I contacted Siropu and the reply was it will be updated to the latest version hopefully by the end of the week.

so1.JPG

Ozzy47, thank you for the fast reply!

Maybe you can advise with the error:

Introductions:
  • Xenforo v2.2.11
  • LiteSpeedCache WebServer is installed on the server
What I did:
  1. Created and received a new license in MaxMind
  2. Waited 3 hours according to the instruction
  3. When I trying to save the License code in the settings, I've get error: GeoLite2 Error 401: Unauthorized
Also:
  • XenForo error logs is empty
  • Apache error logs - no error's
Would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Last edited:
Ozzy47, thank you for the fast reply!

Maybe you can advise with the error:

Introductions:
  • Xenforo v2.2.11
  • LiteSpeedCache WebServer is installed on the server
What I did:
  1. Created and received a new license in MaxMind
  2. Waited 3 hours according to the instruction
  3. When I trying to save the License code in the settings, I've get error: GeoLite2 Error 401: Unauthorized
Also:
  • XenForo error logs is empty
  • Apache error logs - no error's
Would appreciate any advice, thanks!

@Painbaker

This is such a great addon! I did however experience an issue that puzzles me.

On installation, the new credentials from MaxMind were inserted, and the config was saved. I then manually ran the cron, and in dev mode, it showed the new GeoLite2 Country database date. Yea! :D It would have been even better if the flags actually appeared...

My first thought was that the addon was not working correctly, or that my theme was blocking it. I then noted the extra empty spacing where the flag sprite should appear, and wonder of wonders--showed the country name on hover. Taking a look at the thing in the inspection console, I noted that the CSS called this URL for the spritesheet:

CSS:
.flags {
    width: 25px;
    height: 15px;
    z-index: 2;
    background-image: url(]data/countryflags/flags/flag sprite.png);
    background-color: transparent;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

That canonical address does not exist! Rather on my install, the PNG file is placed in the /src/addons/Snog/Flags/defaultdata/flags/ directory. That's the way it was installed. Long story short, I added this to my extra.less file:

CSS:
/* Redirect Flags spritesheet URL */

.flags {
    background-image: url(/src/addons/Snog/Flags/defaultdata/flags/flagsprite.png);
}
/****####****/

It all works like a champ now--but having to do a workaround is not a normal thing... Did I miss something on the configuration, or is there a new bug of some sort? Thoughts appreciated!

@Painbaker, it would be a very nice thing to add that MaxMind screen cap to the addon installation description here. I puzzled over that for a few minutes before finally selecting the right one. The decision was not informed--just a hunch. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom