[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
is there any difference with when/how/how frequently this version updates compared to the XF1 version?

we didnt have any issues with the XF1 version, but this version seems to be changing flags far more frequently, with more "incorrect" flags (though i know they are IP driven).

wondering if there is something i can do differently to improve this.
There's nothing different from how often the flag changes between the XF 1 and XF 2 version. The flag changes when the IP address changes for the user.

Some CSS optimizations for mobile style for you, as a sign of gratitude. It will better scale the sprite in order to not cover almost all the avatar :)

File name:
Code:
snog_flags.less

Find Near:
Code:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)

The following CSS class:
Code:
.userflag-m

and replace it all with the following:
Code:
.userflag-m
    {
        position: absolute;
        top: ~"calc(@{avatar-s} - 1px)";
        left: ~"calc(@{avatar-s} - 8px)";
        width: 25px;
        height: 15px;
        z-index: 2;
        zoom:0.7;
        -moz-transform:scale(0.7);
        -moz-transform-origin: 0 0;
    }

I hope it helps, and thank you once again for this great add-on!

Last edited:
My style fixes mobile layout, not desktop layout. Anyways in the same file you can customize the layout modifying the top and left position of the desktop class.

Some CSS optimizations for mobile style for you, as a sign of gratitude. It will better scale the sprite in order to not cover almost all the avatar :)

File name:
Code:
snog_flags.less

Find Near:
Code:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)

The following CSS class:
Code:
.userflag-m

and replace it all with the following:
Code:
.userflag-m
    {
        position: absolute;
        top: ~"calc(@{avatar-s} - 1px)";
        left: ~"calc(@{avatar-s} - 8px)";
        width: 25px;
        height: 15px;
        z-index: 2;
        zoom:0.7;
        -moz-transform:scale(0.7);
        -moz-transform-origin: 0 0;
    }

I hope it helps, and thank you once again for this great add-on!

Worked perfect thank you!

It is intentionally displayed in that location and size. People have complained that the flags are too small in the past and making them smaller just makes that problem worse.

If people want to change the CSS that's up to them, but it won't be included in the base add-on.

I understand your point Snog, and I agree on not adding that hotfix in your add-on. After all we can't make everyone happy, there will always be someone complaining. You could alternatively put a toggle in your add-on in order to let people choose to use or not to use this optimized mobile layout, but you're not required to do so.

Just to clarify, my modification aims at moving the flag in a position I preferred, not just to resize it, and it's the result of my personal style, I didn't aim at overstepping at all.

Change log Phrases showing.

4lt0TySVSsC6FRK7uKguUw.png

Great add-on. I just installed it. It seems to be working great for me. I was just wondering if you could make it so that we can choose which groups have the option to hide their flag. I'd like to make the hiding of the flag a feature of an upgraded group and not just for all users.
Thank you

Great add-on. I just installed it. It seems to be working great for me. I was just wondering if you could make it so that we can choose which groups have the option to hide their flag. I'd like to make the hiding of the flag a feature of an upgraded group and not just for all users.
Thank you
I removed a similar option after pleading from people to just make it a privacy option for users in the XF 1 version. I don't think I'll add it back into the XF 2 version.

It would be really good if you can add a tooltip when you press on a flag on mobile as sometimes im on my phone and would like to know what country it is.

It would be really good if you can add a tooltip when you press on a flag on mobile as sometimes im on my phone and would like to know what country it is.
This will be in the next release.

However I do not have multiple devices to test the code on, so it will only be tested to work on Android devices. I have no way of testing Apple or other devices.

I tested it works on the profile page but not on the member tooltip. The one on the profile page is slightly to the right and not in the middle.

Would you like to borrow my phone?

Last edited:
I tested it works on the profile page but not on the member tooltip. The one on the profile page is slightly to the right and not in the middle.

Would you like to borrow my phone?
I'll check on the member tooltip.

The position would be correct.

I don't think borrowing your phone is necessary unless you want to fly to the US. It appears to be working the same on your iPhone as my Android. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom