[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
It's does not matter user are online or offline. It's does showing flags if members have IP address.

Well this isn't what I'm finding. On my test forum it is now only showing a flag for me. The other users are not online but they do have IP addresses logged but they are showing the question mark.

Well this isn't what I'm finding. On my test forum it is now only showing a flag for me. The other users are not online but they do have IP addresses logged but they are showing the question mark.

Then need ask @Snog about this issues because you are not forgotten the add-on name is Country Flags by IP Address, Not Country Flags by User Online ... :p

I tried to install this plugin and got a 403 forbidden error. My host provider is stumped what's triggering it.

The last thing it does before generating the error, or at least the last module triggered that I can identify, is on line 159 of this file: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/src/XF/Cli/Command/AddOnActionTrait.php

The alert it gives right before coming up against that 403 error is: "Importing add-on data". I believe it may be best to speak with a developer and get their assistance in figuring out what files it's touching right immediately after this runs, and what data it may be calling or sending, that is causing this error. But either way, I think that'll resolve our issue if that can be tracked down.

EDIT: Also, how do I remove it? Deleting the files crashes the forum.

Last edited:
Just like the XF 1 version, the IP address for the user is obtained AFTER the add-on is installed. The flags for users will appear as they log into the site. Until they log in at least once, the ? flag will show for users.

The add-on does not use existing information for the IP Address.

Last edited:
I tried to install this plugin and got a 403 forbidden error. My host provider is stumped what's triggering it.

EDIT: Also, how do I remove it? Deleting the files crashes the forum.
The last steps of the add-on installation create files in the data folder for your site. It sounds like your data folder is not writable by the user PHP runs as. Make sure the the data folder can be written to by the user PHP runs as.

So far as removing a failed install, I don't know. I've never run across that problem. And I've never seen any info about that from XenForo themself.

Just like the XF 1 version, the IP address for the user is obtained AFTER the add-on is installed. The flags for users will appear as they log into the site. Until they log in at least once, the ? flag will show for users.

The add-on does not use existing information for the IP Address.

OK, that's bad news. If I had Country flags on xf1, but uninstalled before upgrading to xf2 and installing Country Flags 2, is there a way to import the users' flags from the old xf1 database then?

OK, that's bad news. If I had Country flags on xf1, but uninstalled before upgrading to xf2 and installing Country Flags 2, is there a way to import the users' flags from the old xf1 database then?
Well, in hindsight you shouldn't have uninstalled it from XF1. That wiped all of the flag info out of the database.

There is no way to import the flags for users from another database.

Well, in hindsight you shouldn't have uninstalled it from XF1. That wiped all of the flag info out of the database.

Well, I know that now. I am a bit confused because from what I remember when I initially installed Country Flags on xf1, it picked up the countries for everyone, not just as they logged in. But of course it seems I am mistaken about that.

So is there any way to not have the question mark show, as it really looks bad. It would be best to have nothing rather than the box with the question mark.

Well, I know that now. I am a bit confused because from what I remember when I initially installed Country Flags on xf1, it picked up the countries for everyone, not just as they logged in. But of course it seems I am mistaken about that.
Post from XF 1 version...
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/country-flags-by-ip-address.72116/post-763723

So is there any way to not have the question mark show, as it really looks bad. It would be best to have nothing rather than the box with the question mark.
I'll see about doing this in the next release.

Can't argue with that then. I think the odd thing is the question marks, I don't think the xf1 version did that.

It would also be good to maybe be able to have a custom image for the flag on users who have not logged in. The question mark just makes people wonder what it means.
If they hover their cursor over the flag it will tell them what it means ;)

is there any difference with when/how/how frequently this version updates compared to the XF1 version?

we didnt have any issues with the XF1 version, but this version seems to be changing flags far more frequently, with more "incorrect" flags (though i know they are IP driven).

wondering if there is something i can do differently to improve this.

Top Bottom