[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
This is not working for me in 2.1, the flags are not showing at all. The above module is installed. Any ideas?
If this is a new installation of the add-on, the flags won't appear for a user until the next time a user visits/logs in to the site.

Also, be sure you set where you want the flags to appear in Admin->Setup->Options->Country Flags by IP Address

And be sure you've given permission to the user groups you want to be able to see the flags...

Last edited:
Thanks, needed to wait it out for someone of login. it is working perfectly! :)

Is it possible to hide this information for a particular usergroup like I want to hide the admins and the moderators group from showing up their flags. How can I achieve it? Thank you

Thanks, needed to wait it out for someone of login. it is working perfectly! :)

Is it possible to hide this information for a particular usergroup like I want to hide the admins and the moderators group from showing up their flags. How can I achieve it? Thank you
It can't be done at the user group level, but it can be done using the user privacy options. Allow users to hide their flag in the add-on options.

Then each admin and moderator can set their privacy options on their own...

I use this add-on on a couple of 2.0.12 forums.

I installed it for a third forum recently converted from vBulletin 4.2.5 but then decided it was not appropriate for that forum.

I uninstalled it. And then deleted all the files from the server.

However, the addon is still listed above the line in addons as if waiting to be installed.

How do I get rid of this?

I use this add-on on a couple of 2.0.12 forums.

I installed it for a third forum recently converted from vBulletin 4.2.5 but then decided it was not appropriate for that forum.

I uninstalled it. And then deleted all the files from the server.

However, the addon is still listed above the line in addons as if waiting to be installed.

How do I get rid of this?
If you uninstalled it, delete the src/addons/Snog/Flags folder and it's contents from your server.

If you've already done that, then there is some caching taking place on your server and you need to clear/restart whatever caching system you're using.

Last edited:
I have deleted that folder.

There is no additional cache on the server.

I have deleted my browser cache.

It's still there.

This occurs both in Firefox and in Chrome.

I have deleted that folder.

There is no additional cache on the server.

I have deleted my browser cache.

It's still there.

This occurs both in Firefox and in Chrome.
If you've deleted it and it's still showing as installable like this...

Then either the files are still on your server, or there's a bug in XenForo itself.

D'oh!

I found and fixed the problem. I had XF installed in a temp directory during the import and the addons page was still referencing the old location which still contained your addon.

@Snog hello, cool add-on, it would be nice if he automatically set the language for the user or guest using the "language_id" session (y)

@Snog hello, cool add-on, it would be nice if he automatically set the language for the user or guest using the "language_id" session (y)
Set the language by the country the flag shows?

That won't be done. I speak English and if I'm in Germany for some reason or using a proxy, the site would become unreadable for me (or any other user using the same premise).

Set the language by the country the flag shows?

That won't be done. I speak English and if I'm in Germany for some reason or using a proxy, the site would become unreadable for me (or any other user using the same premise).

If the flag is not quite correct, ask the user or guest to change the language

PHP:
//or watch it
$_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"];

If the flag is not quite correct, ask the user or guest to change the language

PHP:
//or watch it
$_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"];
As I said, setting the language has nothing to do with this add-on and is beyond the scope of this add-on, so it won't be added.

For me it shows this flag that says Reserved and nothing else. Doesn't show anything for other users.

0701b79f0e8b8c6cec4ee8a7f1c4118c.png

What did I do wrong?

Top Bottom