[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread

[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread 2.3.7

No permission to download
@Ozzy47

How can I customize the message. I couldnt find the ContactUs_Message_User and ContactUs_Message_Guest phrases.

Variables sent to the phrase:
  • username
  • subject
  • ip
  • spam_trigger_logs - a list of matching spam trigger logs for email & ip. With a limit of x entries, going back y days.

Thanks..

@Ozzy47

How can I customize the message. I couldnt find the ContactUs_Message_User and ContactUs_Message_Guest phrases.

• username
  • subject
  • ip
  • spam_trigger_logs - a list of matching spam trigger logs for email & ip. With a limit of x entries, going back y days.

Thanks..
Hi @Ozzy47 is there any update about this? Thanks..

Hello,

we receive a lot of spam via the contact us form. Is there any way to use the catcha system that is defined in XenForo?

The XenForo spam detecting seems not able to identify those spammers.

Thanks in advance,

Georg

You're correct with that - almost.

We run a special interest group forum, and we defined (in XF) specific Q&A. If the contact us form would use this Q&A checking, we could rule out most of that (currently) XEvil-Spam.

That was the idea behind my question.

@Ozzy47

• username
  • subject
  • ip

Thanks..
Also need this, @Ozzy47 can you help?

I would also like to turn off sending copies of e-mails to the admin in addition to posting them in the contact us forum, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this. Could you add this option, please?

When I filling in the contact form with a random email address (dsf@dsfl.com), I got the following error in error log:
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to contact@mydomain.com from dsf@dsfl.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU--1: fafa <dsf@dsfl.com> "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:459
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Nov 4, 2023 at 9:28 AM
Question: Will this make any negative effects to my email service? Such as being marked as spamming source, or consuming my email quota, etc.

EDIT:Just found I still got the above error even if I used a valid email address in the contact form...

Last edited:
When I filling in the contact form with a random email address (dsf@dsfl.com), I got the following error in error log:
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to contact@mydomain.com from dsf@dsfl.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU--1: fafa <dsf@dsfl.com> "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:459
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Nov 4, 2023 at 9:28 AM
Question: Will this make any negative effects to my email service? Such as being marked as spamming source, or consuming my email quota, etc.

EDIT:Just found I still got the above error even if I used a valid email address in the contact form...
Is your ses amazon account in sandbox or out of sandbox? It must be out of sandbox. Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Is your ses amazon account in sandbox or out of sandbox? It must be out of sandbox. Sorry if this is a dumb question!

I created the ses account more than a year ago. I simply forgot how I did it. Now I just logged on the account. How can I tell whether it's in sandbox or out of sandbox?

OK. It's in the sandbox. I'm trying to move it out now.

Last edited:
I created the ses account more than a year ago. I simply forgot how I did it. Now I just logged on the account. How can I tell whether it's in sandbox or out of sandbox?

OK. It's in the sandbox. I'm trying to move it out now.
That will be why as any address sent to that isn't prior whitelisted in sandbox/testing mode 😁

Where can I find these two phrases? Doesn't seem to be able to find in language/phrases..
I do not maintain this add-on any more.

@Ozzy47 It looks like the add-on description is out of date:

The template public:svContactUs_message is used, not the phrases ContactUs_Message_User/ContactUs_Message_Guest

Top Bottom